As of today I am officially 31 weeks along. This update could basically be summed up in three words:
I. Am. Exhausted.
I keep hoping that it is due to this new Back to School schedule or the cold I came down with last week, but then a friend (Hi Amanda!) reminded me that, ummm, this is pretty textbook for my pregnancies in the days/weeks leading up to labor and delivery.
I remember this with Keaton. Although he was due to arrive January 25th we opted out of traveling for Christmas that year and I spent the entire weekend camped out in our big soft comfy chair. He was born 5 days later.
In the last few posts with Hutt I mentioned taking a nap instead of blogging and, as Amanda reminded me (and I had totally forgotten) following a Baby Shower for Nolan I complained about being utterly wiped out, exhausted. Within a week I was admitted to the hospital in pre-term labor. They were able to stop that and I held out another two weeks, but still, exhaustion seems to be a recurring theme.
While I am still hoping to hold out a couple more weeks (I have some work stuff that I have to get done) it really just dawned on me the other day how close we are getting, as the past two weeks I have shown further progression.
As of 30 weeks I was 80% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. This is after being dilated to 1 cm since week 27.
As of yesterday (basically 31 weeks) I am now 100% effaced (and funneling) and 2 cm dilated. Contractions are starting to get fairly strong at times but have not really been timeable yet. When I do start timing them, they seem to stop.
Other random updates:
- The acid reflux has been pretty bad again. Two weekends ago I was jolted out of bed during a nap to run to the bathroom and throw up. Oddly enough, something similar happened 10 or 11 days before Hutton was born.
- Baby Stella is looking really good. Although it's pretty impossible to get a good look at her face in the ultrasounds these days because she is sitting so low, she took lots and lots of respirations for us yesterday. She's moving around a lot and her heart/organs look good.
- Oh! She's still a girl! It had been several weeks since I asked him to check again but last week he did for me and we got a great shot that confirmed again that she is a she.
- And she has big chubby cheeks.
- I will admit I'm dreading actual labor, it hurts so baaaad! But I am looking forward to seeing those cheeks.
- After I took this 30 week picture I remembered that I had taken a belly shot in this same outfit earlier, so for fun here is a 24 vs 30 week comparison shot. I feel like we should play name 10 things that are different in these pictures, ha!
|24 vs 30 weeks|
I'm thinking it's probably about time to get a little Baby Stat guessing game going, what do ya think? I'll try to get that posted....in between naps. :)