Friday, June 27, 2014

Burger of the Week: The Jalapeno Burger

I apologize for the silence around here this week, I have posts to write and things to tell you but it's Birthday Party Week, which means I'm up to my eyeballs in Paw Patrol print-outs and assorted rainbow colored decorations.  Hutton's very excited though, which I suppose makes all the work worth it.  Coincidentally he has a tendency to make his r's sound like w's so he keeps asking about the details of his Paw-ty which is spot-on and pretty adorable. 

We're still doing the Burger of the Week around here; last week's burger choice was the Inside-Out Burger by Kraft but see how their picture is oozing of cheesy goodness....well...ours weren't quite that picture worthy. We've been struggling this season with our burgers falling apart a bit on the grill and I thought after the Inside-Out Burger experience Collin was going to cancel Burger of the Week altogether....it was not pretty. Instead! we purchased a flat tray to use on top of the grill grates and Burger of the Week is back with a vengeance and just in time for this week's choice...

The Jalapeno Burger


Oh man, what a comeback this was! This picture was taken before I added my normal toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup because I wanted to make sure you could see all that jalapeno-y deliciousness.

Making a Jalapeno Burger
 To your ground beef add:
  • Worcestershire Sauce
  • Minced Garlic
  • Chili Powder
  • Diced jalapenos
Top with:
  • Pepper jack cheese
  • Grilled jalapenos
Don't forget to:
  • Slightly toast that bun!
I can't give you measurements of any of these things because I just kinda shook stuff in - they were warm but not too hot by any means.  Next time I'd probably dice up some more jalapenos to add into the burger itself. The jalapenos were out of a jar but roasting your own would make it even more delicious (and time-consuming, which is why I didn't!) and we used a smaller version of the burger tray to grill our jalapenos for the topping.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'll be back next week with some pictures of Hutton's 4th (4TH!!!) Birthday Paw-ty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it is the ground beef not holding together due to lower fat % or the extras mixed in (and not due to Collins grilling technique), try adding an egg (or egg white)!

sx

Living Out of Wedlock said...

This looks sooooo yummy!

CAS said...

sounds yummy!!! I love Jalapenos!