Monday, February 3, 2014

6 more weeks of winter

Was anyone really surprised by that prediction?  Six more weeks of winter, says Punxsutawney Phil.

In honor of Groundhog's Day I made the boys groundhog pancakes yesterday morning (inspired by The Joys of Boys).  I realized afterwards that my cheeks were too big and I forgot the nose, but whatever, they were excited.  Bouncing up and down on their knees they waited as patiently as they could, What is it, Mom?  What's our surprise?  


I set the plate down in front of Keaton and the bouncing stopped.  He went eerily still.  Cocking his head to the side he asked...is it...a....deer?

No, Silly!  What day is it?  

He threw his head back in manic laughter, Groundhog's Day!  It's a groundhog!

Can I cut your pancake?  I asked Hutton (because if you know my children then you know that you must always ask. before. you. cut.)

Yes. He said.  It's a groundhog, but it kinda yooks yike a deer. 

(Apparently my ears looked more like antlers.)

In other weekend news the boys have officially moved into our bedroom until either 1) this weather breaks or 2) gas prices drop.  And by move in, I mean move in:


They brought their blankets and their pillows, every single stuffed animal they owned, they brought their (empty) suitcases because, of course, this is what is required on a "camp-out."


They also brought their hunting set-up. 


But, they had a ball in there, playing and coloring almost non-stop.  It was an adventure.


As for Collin and I, we had a busy weekend.  Sadly, even when we are home these days weekends are busy.  With out weekday schedule having us out of the house from 6:30 am to 6:30 going on 7:00 pm there is just always so much to get caught up on on the weekend.  I didn't get to cleaning my office but we did clean the house (minus the bedrooms), we devised a plan for tackling the storage room, I got about 80% of the way through our taxes, and we worked on Valentines (that, sadly, need some re-work...didn't quite work out...)

We also made Punxsutawney Phil pudding cups for our pre-Super Bowl Game dessert last night (inspired by Family Fun). The boys thought these were fantastic.


Especially Nolan.



Hope you all had a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Look at that strawberry blonde hair on Nolan!!! CUTE!!! Glad to hear you had an accomplishing nice weekend :)

CAS said...

OMG- I love how you are creating so many great memories with the boys!! Making lemonade out of lemons :) And your groundhog pancake totally looks legit!!! Great job! Stay warm - love you to pieces!

Jill said...

Awww, I'm SO jealous of your groundhog pancakes and pudding - I totally should've made those (I even saw the pudding in Family fun...ahh next year)!! They are adorable! And saved the best pictures for last - what's better than a happy kid covered in chocolate pudding!! :) He's such a cutie! Thanks for posting!