Friday, December 20, 2013

Sittin' with Santa: 2013


A couple of weeks ago we took the boys for our church's annual "Buffet in Bethlehem" to have dinner and see Santa. I realize it probably makes me a terrible mother, but I LOVE this picture.  I had no expectations this year and figured it would probably look pretty much exactly like this.  I was so sure in fact that I prepped the big boys while we were standing in line. "Now listen, guys, Nolan is going to scream so you just get up there and smile, okay?"

Keaton did a great job, he looks oblivious to the screaming.  Hutt...well, Hutton looks a little shell-shocked, but you can tell he tried.  

We only left Nolan up there for a second to snap this shot and then I swooped in and rescued him. The other two had written letters to Santa and sat up there nicely declaring all of their Christmas wishes: a bow and arrow and a shoot gun (times two, the nice part about having children so close in age is they always want the same thing. And actually, you might as well make that times three because otherwise we are bound to have fighting.)



When Keaton jumped down and ran over to us he was very excited to share that he asked and "Nolan's not on the naughty list!!"  - Nolan had broken one of Busha's ornaments that day.

Next year I think I'll dig up all of our Sittin' with Santa photos from the years gone by and put them in to one post.  That sounds like fun.  I'd do it this year but I am OUT. OF. TIME.  

This shouldn't really surprise anyone, I'm always running around like crazy in the weeks leading up to Christmas; I'm sure most of us are.  I had said this year would be different but with 5 children's gifts left to make, all of my wrapping yet to be done, and no cookies yet baked for Santa...well it looks like 2013 is going to go down  like all the rest. 

I'm hoping for a productive weekend and wishing you one too! 



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that picture! Poor Nolan but man it made for an awesome photo. One he can look back on years later and laugh at. Ha! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
~Tanya

CAS said...

Oh how I love the first picture! It is CLASSIC!!!! Made me laugh so hard!!! And that is precious that K asked if N was on the naughty list ... too cute. He is doing his big brother duties and watching out for N :) I talk about these boys to everyone at work all the time--- I am so excited to see them in a few days now.

Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday season! -smx

Amy said...

I LOVE their matching sweaters, they are too cute! You are not alone, I will always put my children on Santa's lap, even when I know there will be tears. We actually have a photo album called "Sittin with Santa" ha! Merry Christmas to you & your family!!!