Monday, October 14, 2013

blue skies







When you are enduring a downpour it's hard not to get wrapped up in the black and darkness that surrounds you; it's easy to lose sight of it being temporary (however long temporary may be.) I'm trying to remind myself this morning that after every storm there comes blue skies, and if we're lucky we might even get a rainbow.  

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

3 comments:

Jill said...

Great verse for the day! Thank you for sharing!

Amy said...

What a great reminder about life. I am personally, I huge fan of rainbows :)

CAS said...

We look for rainbows as they remind us some day we will have a "Rainbow Baby" ( baby after a loss or storm).