Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last Day of Preschool


Wednesday was Keaton's last day of preschool.


I had every intention of writing posts throughout this year to document what he was learning and doing, but somehow I feel as though I blinked and these past nine months just disappeared.


Overall Keaton really liked preschool. He loved his teacher and he was always talking about the kids in his class.  When I asked him right now what his favorite part of the whole year was he said "making the snowman."  I suppose it doesn't really surprise me he picked an art project; although I know he also loved gym time and the days they spent outside on the playground.


We did have one struggle though that lasted all year: Mondays.  Every day for the past nine months Keaton has woken up and asked "is it a Monday?"  On Monday's Keaton stayed after preschool for wrap around care, usually until 3:30 or 4:00 pm.  Although he always dreaded them, he also always liked them....once he was there... and towards the end of the year he was even asking Collin to pick him up later so he could color longer. 


This week his teacher sent home a "Preschool Memory Book" that contains a bunch of stuff from throughout the year.  I got choked up looking at it - his writing has improved drastically, he now repeats prayers and sings songs that we didn't teach him, and his little hand print...well, it has grown, just like he has.


** Keaton's First Day of Preschool post can be found here **

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...I had the same reaction to my son's last day of Kindergarten, watching a DVD the teacher made. But more so when reading his book about his memories of the school year. Precious. And, yes, it went oh-so-fast.
sx

Gail Harper said...

I wish I could tell you this gets easier but, I can't tell that it gets harder, it's just different. I love the first day of school and the last day of school. And we treat them as a rather big deal. I'm always so excited to see what each year brings, what he learns, how he grows. I used to look back and be sad because this part was over but, I now find myself looking a little bit forward to what each year is going to bring and who he is going to become. I like each year better and better. That said, can we just slow the pace of these years? I'd like to savor just a bit more.