Monday, June 3, 2013

Arrival


Remember The Nest?

Guess who's here?

Triplets.

I've been checking in on the eggs every so often, much to the displeasure of their Mama.  I try not to get too close, but when I do she often flies away and then sits perched, screaming at me from a nearby branch.

  Those are her babies and she doesn't want anyone to touch them.  

I understand.

This day she was gone and I happened to have my camera at the ready.  They stretched their wee bodies and long necks as I snapped away and then one opened his mouth like he was hungry.  I couldn't help but hope that Mama was out in search of food.

I backed away, turning the camera back on my real subjects, an almost-3- and 4-yr old, and when I turned back around there she was, worm in mouth.  She knew what they needed.


One of these days work is going to settle down and I won't have to spend every free second tied to this computer.

One of these days work is going to settle down and I won't have to spend every free second tied to this computer.

I'm repeating that for my own sake.  I need to keep telling myself that as I trudge through this time.

I did sit down and write a bit more of Nolan's birth story tonight - I'm hoping, hoping!, maybe that will be done this week.

Hoping you all had a nice weekend and a good start to this week.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Cute! Glad you'll be able to watch the babies grow! You'll make it - just keep plugging!

Anonymous said...

Awww...Mama Bird has her three baby birds just like you. Aren't you glad YOU don't have triplets, though? The 3 different stages your boys are in keep life...um...interesting. New mantra suggestion: "What is it about THIS MOMENT that I am thankful for AT this moment?" Even the toughest times have a silver lining. Sometimes we need to pull a few threads to get to it, bit it's there. SX

Anonymous said...

"but," not "bit"
sx