Wednesday, May 8, 2013

This guy.

Photo by CaSondra Shim Photography
I'm struggling this week.  Work deadlines have me depressed and overwhelmed.  There have been tears and lots of "I don't WANT to work - I want to be home with my kids!"  Sometimes I wonder if this is all even worth it - this life; the seemingly bad news on top of bad news on top of bad news.  But then Collin brings the boys home for the evening and this guy, this guy!...I pull him out of his car seat and he immediately lays his head on my left shoulder.  He sticks his right thumb in his mouth and wraps his left arm around my neck.  He doesn't seem tired, just content to snuggle; and in that moment after a long, stressful day I know it's all worth it.  It's all so worth it.

(Cas sent me a little preview of Nolan's birthday pictures last night and this one made my heart leap.  I love this kid.)

(Check out all of the cake in his hair!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw Kate, no matter what, it will ALWAYS be worth it! Don't ever forget that. I hope the rest of your week gets better. Hang in there. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Sunday. I have to say, at N's party and the kids were playing the game and I was holding him, he was getting so tired. He put his thumb in his mouth, laid his head on my shoulder and then tried to stick his fingers in my mouth like you said he does when he's tired. What a little angel he is, made me love this boy even more!!! All your boys are amazing! So worth it!!!

Love you!!!
~Tanya

Em said...

I can so relate to your emotions this week. Sending you hugs and positive vibes to make it through!

That picture CaS took is SO precious. <3

CAS said...

Hang in there Kate... what you are doing for your kids is worth it, you are worth it and you are making a difference! My heart sank at this photo too. There are a couple of more similar ones too and what I loved most was the expression in your eyes that said " aww honey your mommy loves you so much!"
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Do not loose heart Kate-- you are doing great!

amanda said...

That boy...that boy melts my heart! I loved spending a long weekend at your house a few weeks ago! I got to hold that cuddly little boy, with his thumb in his mouth and other hand on my face. What a sweet boy! And your big boys? Hutty stopping in the middle of playing, grabbing my face, and saying "Manda, I love you." And Keaton telling me he's going to hide my car so I can't ever leave? MELTS MY HEART! You're doing such a great job with them! They're so smart, loving, and caring little boys. I can't wait to come see you again soon!

Jill said...

That picture is SO precious - makes you love him So much more! Hope things are going better! Let me know if there's anything you need!