Friday, May 10, 2013

Something Happy

Photo by CaSondra Shim Photography

I wish I was one of those people that when they have a mountain of a to-do list they get up in the morning, make themselves a steaming cup of coffee, clap their hands and say, "okay, boys, let's get to work.  What are we going to accomplish today?" and then they dig in.  And they work and they work and they work and they get done what they can do and when they put it down at the end of the day, or even for just an hour, because you have to put it down at some point, they are fully engaged with whatever else they are doing: making dinner, playing with their kids, talking to their husbands. And when it's time to pick it up again they clap their hands once more and get down to work.

I wish I was one of those people.

I'm not.

I'm one of these people:

When I have a mountain of a to-do list I fling myself around dramatically, kind of like a fish out of water, flopping myself further and further inland all the while gasping frantically for air.  Life feels bleak, like really really bleak, and suddenly that fish yells out - I just want this life to be over.  No really, I WANT TO DIE!

(in front of her baby fish.)

(no really, THAT happened.)

(to which, Hutty, fish #2, responded, you can't die, mommy, you're my buddy!)

(and Collin gave me a look like, really?  Really, Bender?  In front of the Baby Fish??)

And I know, I KNOW! if I sat down for a minute, got my bearings, and used that energy to flop my way back to the lake, I'd be able to breath again in no time.

And yet, flop, flop, flop.

Right now I need some happy.  A Baby with his first maraca is happy.  What do you have?  Give me some happy here today. And Happy Weekend, y'all!

10 comments:

TeamNee said...

This morning on the way to work while Eric, Tenley, and I are driving. Eric did something and I said, "your nuts." Out of no where, Tenley says, "mama, i want nuts." (mind you, she doesn't know what nuts (of any kind) are.) I said, "oh Ten, there are no nuts." she said, "oh...why mama?" I said, "because mama was being silly." She said, "silly, mama."
have a good weekend -

Amanda said...

I love you...life is ALWAYS worth it...we've all been down that rode of "it would be better if I wasn't here"...everyone has thought it, no one will admit it. You are admitting it and that is a huge step in the right direction. Let your friends help, let us be your strong hold. Ask for help, we are here. Anytime, anywhere for anything!

Hang in there mama! I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is some happy. Think about our road trip to the beach. Lets start planning for that. It will give you something else to think about, something fun, and relaxing, just for you. Think of us in a car, barreling down the highway, singing our hearts out to whatever comes on the radio. Sharing crazy stories that make us laugh so hard we cry. Then think about laying on the beach, with the sun in on your hair and a nice drink in your hand. That, my dear is Happy!!!
See you Sunday!!!

~Tanya

Ashleigh said...

I've got a three year old coming up to me with his eyes as wide open as they go saying "EYEBALLS.EYEBALLS" in a deep voice, and 15 chickens that like to perch on the toes of my boots, and five ducks that chase me around my yard, and a baby who doesn't. stop. smiling. Happy weekend!

CAS said...

This makes me happy and hopeful...
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Praying for you and yes... this picture makes me happy... I love this little "fishy!"

Mama B said...

H told me yesterday that she found a penny and wanted to out it in her piggy bank....a few minutes later "mama, I put the penny in my belly instead!" I replied, you're silly, where is it? No really where is it! To which she replied "IN MY BELLY!" With the biggest s&&@ eating grin in her face! So today my happy will be finding said penny ;)

Kate said...

You guys are the greatest! Seriously. Thank you so much! These comments are making me laugh and smile and think happy thoughts. All so much appreciated. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Windsurfing and watching birds dive into water in Poquoson this morning, so fun to watch! Yeah, I know that makes me sound old :) ·Karma

Gail Harper said...

Did I tell you that my son hates the Michigan's only military museum because he thinks there is a clown inside with a knife? Yeah. He also now hates clowns because they have knives.

On our Frankenmuth trip, I was reading something to Jeremy off of Facebook about clowns with knives as we were passing the museum and Jacob heard me. We got to the museum and he was so upset, made us promise there weren't any clowns inside and no knives.

#1 mommy moment. Right. There.

Just breathe and remember your kids will be just as scarred as the rest of them. :)

Sarah said...

Keep in mind that when I pump, I am in my car, either parked at my patient's house or in some remote spot of a parking lot. While minding my own business, focusing on assembling my pump, getting my handsfree bra lined up, I suddenly get a knock on my drivers window! I look up shocked to see a man standing there and he looked equally shocked at the sight he was seeing. I covered my boobies, rolled my window down a crack and asked if I could help him. He needed me to move because he was trying to park his semi and I was in his way. So, now, I always make sure to look around me 3 times before inserting flanges and I have NOT been back to that Cracker Barrel parking lot! How embarrassing :)