Friday, May 24, 2013

Pondering


These rough weeks will just not end.  
It's one on top of another on top of another. 

Laying in bed last night I found one child on top of me uttering "I need you mommy" and a second child snuggled into my side.   They were fighting for space, neither could get close enough.  

When is enough, enough?  When is it time to say I can't do this hamster wheel anymore?  Or better, I don't want to do it anymore. If I jumped off and were free falling, would it make it better or worse?  Would the current stress just be replaced by new stress? How would we, very literally, pay the bills? Do we need all the answers or will we figure it out on the way?  

These are the questions I'm pondering lately.  I've never been so close in my life to saying: I'm done.  

***

Could I ask you for some prayers for the health of Collin's dad, the boys' Papa.  We had a very serious scare this week and are hoping he will be released from the hospital today.

***

Hoping for some peace and serenity this weekend and wishing you the same.



4 comments:

CAS said...

Praying your stress disapates. I've learned in stressful times ( since they come often) it is all about how we react to them. You will get through this. Praying for you and of course been praying alot for Dad.

Amanda said...

Prayers to you and your family. You know I am here for you day or night :) Love you!

Laura said...

Thinking of and praying for you as you care for your family; remember to care for yourself too,

Gail Harper said...

I'm always praying for you. You know that BUT, that said, you pray for you and remember to breathe and to keep breathing. I'll send some extra healing prayers up to. Hugs to you all!