Tuesday, May 21, 2013

just the two of us


Nolan and I spent Thursday through Sunday afternoon flying solo.  

Thursday and Friday he was home sick and accompanied me while I worked, playing at my feet.

Hahaha.  Like what I did there?   Accompanied me while I worked, playing at my feet.

Accompanied me while I worked is a euphemism for: screamed into the phone while I fielded call after call trying to hit a deadline (Thank GOD for awesome co-workers and working with people who know what it's like to have little ones - especially sick little ones.)

And playing at my feet is a euphemism for: kept himself busy destroying my office. He unloaded all of my office supplies, tore apart my bill sorting system, spread the piles of "to be shredded" all over the floor, and pulled down the curtain, rod and all.

But Friday night through Sunday afternoon were all ours as the big boys all headed up to the cabin for the weekend.  We slept in, had breakfast together, did some chores, worked on converting closets to spring/summer, went to Target, and to bed early. Oh, and I even started writing his birth story (finally!) I had planned on using this time to return some phone calls and catch up with some friends but instead I spent the whole weekend soaking up this kid.  

It's not very often that I get to spend one-on-one time with Nolan.  As a third child you'd think he might have been lost without his big brothers around.  Quite the contrary.  He was so independent and such a happy little guy.  It was so fun to watch his personality explode.  And while his personality exploded, my heart exploded.

You know when you love your child so much you just can't imagine loving them anymore?  And then you fall in love with them all over again?

That.




4 comments:

Jill said...

Yes, I know that feeling!! :) Glad you had a great weekend!!

Katharine said...

What a great way to describe that feeling!
The older the kids get, the more I really cherish that one on one time with them - it seems so hard to manage sometimes but is so worth it. I'm so glad you had your weekend!
(Also: he is SO CUTE!)

CAS said...

Awww- I love this post! Hits my heart at the core. So glad you got speacial time this weekend with him and that he is feeling better. I heard the big boys had a blast at the cabin too.

Anonymous said...

制服訂做
瘦身
瘦身餐
減肥藥
減肥方法
快速減肥
減肥門診
健康減重
軸承
日月潭民宿
廢五金回收
植牙
人工植牙
微創植牙
植體
牙根
收驚
關帝廟
中翻英翻譯
英文校稿
論文翻譯
雷射雕刻
高雄住宿
高雄民宿
六合夜市
大陸新娘
大陸新娘
網路開店
高雄飛梭雷射
高雄隆乳
高雄自體脂肪
塑膠袋
背心袋
助聽器
招桃花
月下老人
招財方法
四面佛
開運
補財庫
台中住宿
逢甲住宿
阿里山高山茶
風力發電機
太陽能系統
LED路燈
充電控制器
喜餅禮盒
喜餅推薦
結婚喜餅
彌月禮盒
彌月蛋糕
銑刀
物料架
層架
手推車
大陸新娘