Thursday, February 7, 2013

A 9-month (Valentine's Day!) Guessing Game

Today was a bad day.  A bad, bad day.  Actually, it started yesterday when we took Keaton and Nolan in for their 4-year and 9-month well visits.  All 5 of us headed into the office because I had to go directly from that appointment up to Wausau for my doctor's appointment (6-month recheck, still trying to get 3 "normals" following my leep procedure.)  The boys had been coughing and running low-grade fevers so I had a feeling we were heading in to Round #3 of the year, but honestly, I was shocked when she asked if we'd been exposed to the flu and said she wanted to swab Nolan.  I mean, I thought they were getting colds, but the flu??  Hahaha.  Silly me.  Positive.  Influenza B.

I asked her what that meant and she said, oh, ummm, B...that's bad.  

Lovely.

Although she didn't swab the big boys, based on their coughing and sniffling (and general crankiness, holy jeeze) she figured they probably had it too.  So, three prescriptions for Tamiflu and Collin and I are supposed to call our primary if we develop a fever (we haven't, so far.)

The boys are, honestly, doing pretty good.  Nolan's definitely the worst, but he's been sicker and the big boys hardly seem sick at all.  But that doesn't stop me from feeling like we've just been given a death sentence.  I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop.

When I left that appointment it was snowing, and not the pretty fluffy snow.  No, this was gloomy, slushy, I hate winter snow. (I don't hate winter, but you know)  Collin came thisclose to getting into an accident with all three kids in the car on his way home and I drove about 40 miles an hour, praying constantly, as I passed several accidents and cars in the ditch all over the Interstate.  

Today we kept everyone home and do you know how easy it is to work with 3 kids at home?  Let's just say NOT EASY AT ALL!!!!  I'm trying so hard not to fall behind at work and, well, today was not good.

So!  I'm in need of some fun, and what's more fun than a Name That Baby! guessing game?

Nolan turned 9-months this week, so I figured it was time.  Below you will find three pictures - all of the boys at or around 9-months of age.  They are labeled A. B. C. so this will be pretty easy - in the comments, tell me who is who.

(If your guess is already taken, please leave a comment anyway.  I'm interested in the stats :) )

The first person to correctly guess the boys will win their very own Valentine "Love" sign.  This sits on my coffee bar and it makes me so happy every morning. 


Okay, here we go.....are you ready???  Name That Baby!





12 comments:

Jill said...

Love these pics!! Let's see how well I know these boys from watching your blog!! :)

A. Hutt
B. Keaton
C. Nolan

So sorry to hear they're not feeling well. I totally sympathize - we've had 2 of 3 into the doctor with different ailments in the last week too - winter can be rough for illness! Keep your chin up - it will eventually pass! Wishing you guys wellness and hugs!

amanda said...

Wow...I totally understand the not knowing it was influenza thing! I had no idea with mine, either! Just thought it was the usual crud. My doc was not impreed I waited 6 days to call him and worked that whole time....eh, you win some, you lose some! Hopefully it'll bypass you and Collin, and the boys will be back to normal soon!

My guess is:
a.Keaton
b.Nolan
c.Hutton

Can't wit to see how I did!

Xoxo

Mama B said...

A. Hutton
B. Keaton
C. Nolan

Lauren said...

A. Hutton
B. Keaton
C. Nolan

Hope you all are feeling better today!! XO

Amanda said...

I say

A: Keaton
B: Hutton
C: Nolan

Amanda :)

Amanda said...

Goodness, I wrote it wrong but I think it's Hutton, Keaton and then Nolan

AJ

Anonymous said...

A. Nolan
B. Keaton
C. Hutton

~Tanya

CAS said...

I hope your day is going better...
A. Nolan
B. Keaton
C. Hutton

Em said...

Oh man...I'm so sorry to hear you guys are getting hit with the flu! The last thing you need right now is another round of sickness. :( Hope the Tamiflu helps and that everyone is well soon.

My guess is:

A. Nolan
B. Keaton
C. Hutton

Though, I must say, I had to go back and change my A and C guesses a couple times before finalizing... ;)

Em said...

Wow, so I'm realizing now that this one is really hard! I was looking back at some older pics, and depending on facial expressions, these lil guys can all look so much alike! Craziness.

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear about your bad day, I hope everyon is feeling better soon. The flu stinks, I swear by the shot, being a teacher I am around sick teenages all the time! I just started following so I am not sure how good I will be at this guessing game...
A.Keaton
B. Hutton
C. Nolan
Enjoy the weekend!

TeamNee said...

A. Hutt
B. Keaton
C. Nolan