Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Project Move Home - an update

** Before I start, I have to send a big Thank you to my sister-in-law, Kira, and my friend, Tanya, who have watched the boys for us the past two weekends so we could work on house stuff.  Last Saturday Kira watched the two big boys and had four kids under four for the entire day while Collin, Nolan, and I went to a nursery auction where we replaced much of the landscaping we lost and did a little shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond. This past Saturday, Tanya came over to the house to watch the kids (the night before her own son's 3rd birthday party) so Collin and I could work.  Thank you both, so, so, so much!!**

We are on Day 5 of Project Move Home and well, I'm trying to focus on what is done rather than where I thought I'd be at this point.  I grossly underestimated the amount of time the cleaning would take.  Today I worked on one room.  One room! The master bathroom.  Because there is so much tile it literally took me all day to scrub down.  And to be completely honest, it could probably use another scrubbing but I just don't have the time or energy right now.

Last Thursday and Friday I got the two big boys' rooms cleaned and set up.  With the exception of a few minor things (hang Keaton's tractor banner thingy and clean Hutton's closet) and a few things that will happen after we move (make a shelf and toy storage for Keaton, toy storage and hang some sports memorabilia for Hutt) their rooms are pretty much done.  And they are loving them. As soon as we walk in the door they run to their rooms; Hutt grabs his new bug-catching puzzle and carries it into Keaton's room to play.  They pour out the Lego's and build houses with the Lincoln Logs. They are at home. And each night it's a huge task to get them to leave.

Friday I also cleaned the boys' bathroom and on Saturday I set that room up.  We also set up our bedroom, but that basically consisted of making our bed.  We don't have much else in our room.  I haven't ordered the fabric for our curtains yet but seeing the bed made makes me antsy to do that - the curtains are what will tie our room all together. 

Today I scrubbed down the master bathroom and tomorrow I will set that up.  I also need to re-clean floors - I cleaned them before the furniture came but they are a mess again. My mom is supposed to be coming up tomorrow and I'm hoping while I work on finalizing the back half of the house she can work on cleaning the kitchen cabinets.  Our official move in date has been pushed back to next Saturday, the 29th.  We still don't have occupancy so we're praying this all comes together okay.  I have two more days off of work, wish us luck!

Here's a sneak peak at the rooms I've set up so far.  I'll give a full tour on move-in day.  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Keaton's bedroom

Hutton's bedroom

Boys' bathroom

Master bedroom

3 comments:

fritzfacts said...

It will come together, keep the faith! You have gotten this far, it will happen. I can't believe you are almost in already, from the outside it seems fast.

Big Hugs!!

Jill said...

Looks great! I can't wait for you all to be in there and be settled! I need to catch up with you about our weekend and your move when things settle down! Good luck - your'e in the home stretch! :)

CLAREW said...

We're so EXCITED for you!!!! Hope the stress and weight is quickly coming off your shoulders!!! And I say don't wait til your settled for wine!!! Hope you broke it out last night along with some sparkling juice for those boys!!!! Please let us know if you need anything :)