Friday, September 28, 2012

One More Day

I picked Keaton up from preschool this morning, looked in the back of the car and asked, Do you know what happens tomorrow, Buddy?

No. What?  He asked me.

We're moving home!

He started kicking his car seat and waving his arms.  Yay!!  I'm so happy!  He exclaimed. And then he started asking me about the garage and the deck and I explained that, no, those things aren't done yet and there is still some work to do inside, but we can do those once we are there. And then he smiled and told me how happy he was again.

I think this is how we all feel.  Just. so. happy.  We had hoped to move in last weekend and our original plan was not to move in until everything was complete; down to the dishes being washed and put away and the house having been scrubbed clean.  While things aren't working out quite that way, and this weekend is going to be a hectic one in which we need to box everything we have here up and move it over, we're still happy because it's time.

I figure it's going to take us the month of October to really get settled, but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.  Not only with this house but with our personal inventory too.  We're not done, but we're closer than we thought.  We've got the months of October and November to finalize things and then, once December 10th comes our time is up and we are done.  I don't want to wish away time but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to all of this being behind us. I have grand plans for how I'm going to spend my evenings once this is done and it includes a lot of wine, time on my Kindle, and soaking in the bath tub.

The other thing I want to do is finally tell you all the story here.  I've started but once it is all written, I'll tell you again.  We've learned so much in this year and while there have been some very dark and lonely days I'm confident we are going to emerge a stronger couple, a tighter family. In the end there are hidden blessings to having it all stripped away.

For now though, I have a one-track mind, because tomorrow, we're going home!

4 comments:

Sarah C. said...

So happy for you! Happy move-in weekend!

Patten Family said...

Oh my gosh your house pics look so cute! As is your new blog layout. Love, love, love it. I may just have to give mine a change....just maybe;)

Hugs
Sarah

CAS said...

Sooo happy for you ! I have been praying for a smooth move in weekend! Your HOME!

Kate said...

Thank you guys, thank you SO MUCH!!