Thursday, August 9, 2012

Teardrops from Heaven

It seemed fitting that it was raining as we pulled into town.  I imagined our Lord, in heaven, sitting on a tree stump, elbows on His knees, His head buried in His hands.  Tears were streaming down His face and as each one hit His palm, so did the raindrops hit our earthly world. 

She stirred and He picked her up; closing His eyes and rocking her gently He placed a kiss on her forehead. Leaning into her He whispered in her ear as He wept, "I'm so sorry.  I'm so sorry you are here and not there.  But I will take care of you.  I will hold you and protect you until you are all able to be together again."

**

Yesterday our dear friends, Kristi and Barry, laid their sweet, precious angel, Maci Jo, to rest.  Will you please keep them, big sister Addie, and the extended Russell and Johnson families in your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. 

For Maci, and all of the babies that have left this earthly world too soon, may you know that you will live in our hearts forever. 

An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth,
Then whispered as she closed the book,
"Too beautiful for Earth"
~ Unknown

3 comments:

Jill said...

Well said. So very, very sad - I cannot imagine what they are going through. My heart goes out to them...

CAS said...

Kate you write so beautifully! Yes- I am praying for their families. My heart goes out to them. That was so gracious of you and Col to go and support them. I am sure they will need the support for awhile as the thoughts that you are left with can have such a strong hold on your life unless you can take them to God and allow HIM to comfort you.

Kristi said...

This post I have thought about a hundred times. I have always been planning on printing it out to put with the few things we have to remember Maci. Today is that day. I have printed it out and read over it several times always causing a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. You wrote it so beautifully. Thank you for all your prayers and support.