Friday, August 17, 2012

House Update: the floors

This post has been in the making for an entire week.  You don't even want to know how many swear words I have muttered at these dang pictures and their lack of uploading.  But anyway, here we are, a house update. 

Last weekend my parents took the big boys up to the cabin and Collin and Nolan and I took advantage of the time, running a million errands and stopping in between for both lunch and dinner to celebrate our anniversary.  We were able to get the boys' vanity top picked out, purchase our range and dishwasher, and buy lamps for all of the major rooms in the house.  It doesn't sound like much, but man, that's a lot of decision making.  After we had a car full of lamps we headed out to the house to drop them off.  It's been awhile since I've done an update so I brought my camera along as well.

Things have been slow moving out here lately.  It's partially due to the projects Collin's been working on have been time consuming, tiling, staining, varnishing, and partially because they are putting up another building right now and unable to be out here very much during the week. The biggest development has been the flooring.

I know I had said that I was going to do a post on what we changed this time, but I've decided I'll save that until the end - when we are about ready to move in and I show you the whole house again.  I think it will be easier to explain when we are doing  whole walk-through.

Oh!!  And guess what!!  We have set a tentative move-in date!!  Unless something major changes we plan to move back in the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd.  There is still a lot of work left to be done and cleaning that needs to be done after that, but we are so looking forward to going home.

So, since the last time you were here, the cabinets have been hung in the laundry room (this is where we'll keep cleaning supplies.)


The freezer has been put in the pantry. 


The hardwood floor has been laid in my office (this room is very close to being complete.)


The linen closet (which I didn't inspect upon delivery and was damaged,ugh!) and vanity have been put in the boys' bathroom and the tile has been grouted.



As you can see, we don't have the vanity top yet, but we did pick that and the hardware out this weekend so it should be in soon.


The boys' rooms have all been carpeted.  I believe all that is left to be done in all three of their rooms is to hang the shelving in their closets.

Keaton

Hutton
Nolan
The hardwood floor has also been laid in our master bedroom.  The window trim and base have also been put up.  I'm pretty sure this room is just about done as well.  Except for our closet - that hasn't been touched yet. That piece of furniture randomly hanging out in our bedroom is the linen closet for our bathroom.


In the master bath, which may just be my favorite room in the entire house, the vanity is in...

The shower has been grouted and hardware installed.


And the spa tub is ready.


Collin has spent so much time in this bathroom.  Weekends upon weekends.  The majority of those tiles had to be specially cut.  I stopped by one Saturday evening and he was so flustered, the tile saw kept breaking on him and he wasn't as far along as he had planned.  But it's done now and I am so in love with it.  Ignore the white splotches on the wall, that's grout that needs to be wiped down.


Downstairs, the spare bedroom has been carpeted...


And the tile has been laid in the bathroom.


And with that, Nolan says, Awesome!  Can we go eat?


Peace out dudes.  And Happy Weekend.

2 comments:

fritzfacts said...

Yay for updates! It looks fantastic! So excited that you are getting close.

Jill said...

OMG how far you've come!! Everything looks amazing! The tile and hardwood floors look especially gorgeous and I love, love, love your vanity in your master bath!! Why would you ever leave that room?! I'm sure you can't wait to set up camp with a bubble bath to christen it!

Collin - your hard work definitely shows!! It looks awesome!! Glad it's all coming together and that you are getting closer to that move in date! Can't wait to see the finished product!