Friday, June 22, 2012

And the winner is.....

Tomorrow Nolan will be 7 weeks old.  Wait.  Is that right?  I've totally lost track of time here....yes, seven weeks!  So, I thought it was about time (Gawd, Bender, it was time 7 weeks ago!!) to post our winner on the Guess the Baby Stats Game

Now, even though I'm just posting the results, I actually tallied up the scores the night of his birth with this little spreadsheet, because I'm a total nerd like that.

Although I'm not nerd enough to figure out how to post a picture of an excel spreadsheet in this blog post. Whatev.


And as you can see, with a total of 4 points and one of only two to guess Nolan's birth date...

The winner is....Anne!!!

Woo!!  Nice guessing Anne!  Would you mind sending me your address (katekono@gmail.com), I have your Starbucks card sitting right here, ready to put in the mail and put to good use!

And speaking of Nolan, we started him on reflux meds this week.  After talking to friends and reading other parents' accounts on twitter I realized it wasn't normal for him to be screaming every time he was awake (the whole time he was awake). And it wasn't normal for me to dread feeding him. Basically, he'd wake up hungry, I'd feed him, we'd have about 10 good minutes and then he'd start crying/screaming until he fell back to sleep.  Screaming, arching back, covering me in spit up, the whole nine yards.  Since starting him on meds he's still had some fussy times, but it has been nothing compared to the last few weeks.  And his worst time, which was always a two our block of time at night (either 8 to 10 or 10 to 12) has been pleasant the past three days.  So I'm hoping we're on to something here and things will continue to get better.

Of course, it's not perfect, he woke me up at 4:30 this morning with gas, but he's so dang cute I can't even be upset. 
It's 5:30 am, othewise known as my first nap of the day.
Happy Weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

CAS said...

oh- I am so hoping he is done with the crying spells and the meds help. He is just so darn cute!

Patten Family said...

I'm so glad you figured out the gas issue. I never had gassy kids and I feel bad for those who do. I cannot believe our kids are all so close in age. It's too funny. Three girls for three boys! Someday we had to meet up to see how they all play:)