Thursday, May 3, 2012

Baby Kono III: 34/35 Week Update


  • Unfortunately we're back to the he said/she said weekly updates.  To be honest with you, at this point I keep forgetting just how far along I am.  But if I look at my calendar and count back....ahh yes, according to the doctor I am 34 weeks, 3 days today.  While I think I'm more like 35 weeks, 1 day.  Either way, I am thrilled with how far we've gotten in this pregnancy and while it would be most awesome to avoid any sort of NICU time, I feel like Baby N. would be okay if he were born now.
  • I never wrote a 34-week update with Hutton.  He was born at 34 weeks, 4 days and I'm not sure I had an appointment that week.  Or if I did, I just never got around to posting about it.  Here is the 34 week update with Keaton, which is the same one I linked to in my 32 week post.
  • Weight gain to-date with this pregnancy is 21 pounds, I actually lost a pound since my last appointment, which is very unusual for me. I don't think I've ever lost weight during pregnancy before.  It makes me think next week I'll show a 5 pound + jump.  Oh well.  With Keaton it looks like I was up 27 pounds at this point.
  • I had an appointment yesterday that was very routine.  He took my fundal height and said "growing nicely!" but I didn't actually ask what I was measuring because I was too busy trying to keep my cringe from becoming an audible cry.  Because he had to press on my pubic bone to get the measurement it was very uncomfortable - that's right where N.'s head is sitting.
  • I wish I was kidding you guys, this kid's head is so low that I can feel movement, Collin can feel movement!, about an inch above my, well, my crotch hole.  It actually freaked him out the other night when I said, seriously, feel this!
  • The good thing is, he is head down and the doctor said once they are this low they can't turn, they're stuck. 
  • Heart rate was 144.
  • He didn't check me this week, but will next week.  I know there is no way to know how far along I am now, but knowing I was 2-3 cm a week and a half ago I just had to ask, what does he think this means?  He said, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll go sooner, just that the labor will go faster once we are there.  Perfect.  Fast labor...excuse me while I go cry for a second. 
  • I shouldn't say that, I'm thankful for my fast labors.  It's just that I have so much anxiety built up around this labor.  I just want to know we are going to make it to the hospital safely.  And that's why I'm ready for this to be all over.  It's not about not wanting to be pregnant any more, it's just that I want to know that he is here and he is okay.  That I didn't deliver in the car or on our bathroom floor.  I'm so worried about what could go terribly wrong if one of those thing happened that the thought of a NICU stay is much preferable.  Ever since the fire I've been waiting for the next shoe to fall.  I'm terrified every time I hear sirens, thinking Collin was in an accident.  And each morning I wake up and when I don't feel movement I wonder, is he still alive?  I know this seems crazy, but I think that is why I just want him here now, sooner rather than later.
  • That being said, I've been feeling really good the past few days and while a week and a half ago if you told me that I'd still be pregnant now I'd tell you you were nuts, now I feel like I could make it to next week's appointment.
  • Oh yes, and this update would not be complete without telling you about our drive up to the hospital on Sunday night.  So, Sunday night, like most nights, my contractions were about 10 minutes apart.  Not as intense as "that Friday" but more intense than I have been having.  It was after 10 and the boys were sleeping and it was pouring rain.  Collin stays pretty calm in most circumstances but the possibility of having this baby in the car even freaks him out a little, I think.  Since they were pretty frequent for a couple of hours we decided to call his parents to come get the boys because we didn't want to be in a situation that we were rushing to the hospital in that weather.  Of course once we loaded up and started heading north my contractions all but stopped.  We got all the way up there and I said, we might as well go home, I'm not having anything now.  And so we turned around and came home.  I know it's better safe than sorry, but oh my gosh, how frustrating.
  • One last update and then I'll talk to you next week....I am officially done with my progesterone injections!!  Had my last one this afternoon!  I am so happy to be done. As much as I did not enjoy them, I am confident they helped us out and got us further than we would have without them.  So for that, YAY!

3 comments:

fritzfacts said...

I am a lurker here, but HAD to tell you that Leo was the same way. I could feel him down by my "crotch hole" from about 32 weeks on! He would head butt me every single time I took a step! The booger!

CAS said...

Yeah- you are getting there. I am praying that you are able to safely deliver him! You look absolutely beautiful! I think one of the most beautiful things in the worls is a baby bump! Praying for your anxiety- I can only imagine what you are going through. Glad you are feeling better though and yes... now he can come anytime.... as long as he is healthy!

Jill said...

Great news for this update! I felt the same way with Ben (very low) right before he was born...like he might just slip out if you happen to have your legs too far apart! You do look amazing and SO thrilled for you that you don't have to do the progesterone shots anymore...woohoo! What a relief!! No worries about the drive up to the hospital...better to be safe! And totally understand your concerns post-fire. I'd say you're headed in the right direction though since you've gotten this far in the pregnancy! I continue to keep you in my prayers. Can't wait to meet precious Baby N!