Friday, April 27, 2012

Guess those Baby Stats!

I was wide awake last night between the hours of midnight and 3 am with fairly regular contractions, somewhere between 10 and 15 minutes apart.  Collin and I laid in bed, reviewing the plans: call his parents, load the car and take out the car seats before they get here, grab a few towels and the blanket that is on the dryer, hope the boys stay sleeping through it all. 

And then I got tired, fell asleep and woke up a little after 5 am.  Hmmm, okay, another false alarm.  I tell you what, this sitting and waiting for things to happen stuff is so exhausting.  I much preferred the surprise labor of the first two pregnancies.

As I laid there last night I thought, if I make it until morning I need to get a guessing game on the blog.  And so here we are, lets guess those baby stats!!

The Game:
Each person will have four guesses, one for each of the following:
  • Date of birth
  • Time of birth (indicate am or pm)
  • Weight
  • Length
The Scoring:
3 points will be given for each accurate guess.  If no one guesses correctly, 1 point will be given for the closest guess(es).

The Background:
Just a little information to help you with your guesses:
  • As of today, Friday, April 27th, according to my calculation, I am 34 weeks 2 days along.
  • As of today, according to the doctor's calculation, I am 33 weeks 4 days along.
  • Keaton's stats were as follows:
    • Born at 36 weeks
    • Time of birth: 3:37 am
    • Weight: 6 lbs 5 oz
    • Length: 18 1/2 inches
  • Hutton's stats were as follows:
    • Born at 34 weeks 4 days
    • Time of birth: 7:07 am
    • Weight: 5 lbs 10 oz
    • Length: 18 inches
The Prize:
I'm all out of coffee this morning.  Wait.  No, I'm all out of creamer this morning, and would do just about anything to get my hands on a Starbucks.  So, let's play for a $5 Starbucks gift card.  Coffee on me.  Wait.  No. Coffee on Baby N.!

23 comments:

Mama B said...

Here's my guess:

Monday, April 30th
3am
5 lb 6 oz
18 inches

amanda said...

Tuesday, May 1st (though I'm REALLY hoping for later than that, and bigger than I'm going to guess!)
1:30 AM
5 lb 8 oz
17 inches

Kelly said...

This is what I want to happen:

Date of Birth - May 21
Time of Birth - 10 am
Weight - 7lbs 6oz
Length 21 inches

But given your history of getting to meet N early, I'm guessing:
Date of birth - April 29
Time of Birth - 6 am
Weight - 5lbs 12 oz
Length - 17 1/2 inches
.

Kelly said...

Date: Sunday, April 29th
Time: 11:45PM
Weight: 5 lbs 7 ozs
Height: 18 inches

Hope I'm wrong b/c I'm too early on the date :D

CAS said...

Again... hoping I'm wrong on the date as I hope he stays in there longer:
Date: Sat April 28th
Time: 3:00 am
WeightL 5 lbs 9 oz
Height: 17. 5 inches

Em said...

Thursday, May 3rd
5:17 a.m.
5 lbs. 10 oz.
18.5 inches

:)

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Here's our guess:
Date: April 29
Time: 1:45 AM
Weight: 5lbs, 10 oz
Length: 19.5"

Hopefully, I am wrong! The longer the better ;)

Anonymous said...

Saturday, May 5th
5:16am
5 lb 14 oz
17 3/4 inches
...Though I would really love baby to wait even longer than that!
SMX

Amanda said...

Hmmm....

Thursday, May 3rd
1:53am (AT the HOSPITAL)
4 lbs 14oz (I hope I'm wrong)
18 inches

I predict that he will come quickly but NOT so quickly that you can't get to the hospital :)

TeamNee said...

May 4th
9:32am
5lb 10oz
18in

Like everyone...I hope he comes in June! Or Memorial Day!

Anonymous said...

May 7
7:35am
5lbs 14oz
18in

Tanya :)

MaLinda said...

Wednesday, May 2nd (Alex's birthday)
5:30AM
6 lbs, 0 oz
18 1/4 inches

Kristal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristal said...

May 13 (Mother's Day) - And hopefully late enough to keep Baby N. out of the NICU
8:02 am
6 lbs 15oz
18 1/2 inches
I'm being very optimistic.

Anonymous said...

So, if we guess a time, and it arrives, then passes (YAY!), do we get another guess?
SMX :)

Jill said...

Sunday, May 13 (mother's day)
4:40 am
6 lb
17.5 in

I'm hoping it isn't this day cause it's while we're on vacation, but I just have this feeling!

Kate said...

Excellent question, Sharaa! Once we get past the latest guess, which looks like right now is the 13th, then I'll open it back up and everyone can re-guess if they want.

I will score the time seperate from the date, so even if your date has past it doesn't mean you're out of the running, you could make up points with the time!

Oh, for those that have guessed Mother's Day, not only is it Mother's Day, it's also Collin's birthday! Wouldn't that be cool?

Anne said...

My third was the baby who went full term. Even with all my issues.

SO.

I am guessing May 5th, 5:36 pm. 7 pounds 10 ounces. 19 inches.

Midge said...

May 13
8:29 a.m.
7 lbs 3 oz
20 inches

Come on Baby N...make me a winner!!! Momma needs a cup of coffee.

Anne said...

OMG I was so close to being right!

Congratulations!

hasnain raza said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com

George Morrison said...

Thanks intended for shearing such a pleasant and become valuable article. I favor it nearly all in addition to value anyone with this excellent article.
Coffee cups
Espresso coffee cups
espresso coffee
4 oz coffee cups