There’s so much I love about this season, the colors of the trees, the sound of crunching leaves, wearing jeans and sweatshirts, pulling out the crock pot for soups and roasts, ordering a pumpkin spice latte at any time during the day and not needing it iced. But I think what I love most is what this season represents to me, bounty, harvest, thanksgiving. To me this is a season to reflect on all of our blessings, to slow down, be present, spend quality time together, and prepare for the winter season ahead.
I have so many things on my Soul Season list for fall. Some are centered around making memories with the boys, some around the produce of the season, some are purely for pleasure/enjoyment, all of them will help me to live more presently in the season.
- Go to the apple orchard. Can apple sauce and make an apple pie (my very first!)
- Decorate our house, inside and out, for the season.
- Host an autumn harvest dinner.
- Spend Sundays relaxing, watching football, and generally refraining from work.
- Go letterboxing.
- Have a pumpkin spice latte (or two. Or three.)
- Go to the pumpkin patch. Carve pumpkins.
- Take the boys through a corn maze.
- Make the boys' Halloween costumes.
- Make homemade apple cider.
- Use the crock pot often. Try a new, fall inspired, recipe.