Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend-ing

Things I did not do this weekend:
  • Spring clean our dining room.
  • Or even just clean the very disgustingly dirty dining room floor.
  • Clean the basement in preparation for Hutton's birthday party.
  • Make the pasta salad for Collin's family reunion.
  • Package the new baby gifts for two friends and get them in the mail.
  • Schedule Keaton's haircut.
  • Run 3 miles on Saturday, according to our training plan.
  • Eat healthy.
  • Vacuum the popcorn kernels off the living room floor.
  • Finish Hutton's 11-month post.
  • Work on my project, which has a deadline of tomorrow at noon.

Things I did do this weekend:
  • Enjoyed hanging out with and talking to Collin's cousins and other relatives at the family reunion.
  • Bought the pasta salad and stuck it in a bowl to a least look nice.
  • Received, addressed, and mailed Hutton's 1st birthday party invites.
  • Exchanged and returned Busha's Mother's Day gift (crocs.)
  • Watched Yogi Bear (it was just okay) with the boys and ate popcorn that Collin and Keaton made (it was great.)
  • Made homemade blueberry pancakes with Keaton's help on Sunday morning. Tee got to stir, stir, stir.
  • Planted our garden (Collin did most of the work here, I really just planted.)
  • Cleaned the kitchen.
  • Went for a Sunday night bike ride and followed behind Collin so I could watched the boys hit each other, honk each others noses, and laugh together in the trailer.
  • Had a nice chat with Amanda.
What did/didn't you do this weekend?

3 comments:

Jill said...

Did not do:
- Clean, Clean, Clean anything!!
- Plant my overdue flowers!
- Sleep (who am I kidding, we never do that!)

Did do:
- Finished our new swingset...yeah!
- I got over the hump and told Andy he needed to start bathing the kids cause I can't bend over the tub any longer!
- Celebrated our 10th anniversary with our employer...hard to believe!
- Bought and delivered a new baby gift and made lasagna for them
- Ordered baby furniture
- Made my "oh crap, the baby is coming in 2 months" to-do list!
- Realized I hadn't yet gotten Father's Day gifts and did some speed shopping online!
- Watched the kids enjoy the new swingset from the comfort of an adorondack chair!

Thanks for sharing yours!

Kate said...

@Jill - I LOVED reading your weekend-ings. Oh my gosh, only 2 months left, how did that happen? So looking forward to meeting your new addition. Wishing you the best as you work through that to-do list!

Em said...

Let me just say that that's one big to-do list, my dear! You still accomplished a TON, and most of it was the "more important" stuff, anyway. I liked this post a lot...there's something I just LOVE about a good list! :)