Tuesday, June 28, 2011

One Year Ago Today





One year ago today I woke in the wee hours of the morning with contractions.

One year ago today we sped to the hospital and I cursed at all the early morning commuters.

One year ago today I asked your Daddy "what is it?" after the first push and he told me "it's a head."

One year ago today your Daddy looked down at me and whispered "it's a boy!" and everything about that statement felt right in my heart.

One year ago today I touched your little hands and held you skin-to-skin, and could no longer imagine my life without you.

One year ago today you came into this world.  Our family grew by one, but our hearts grew by one million.

Happy 1st Birthday, Hutton Andrew!





More pictures from his birthday party this weekend to come!

8 comments:

Katharine said...

Hooray! I can't believe it's been a year!

Happy birthday little guy!

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Hutter Butter! So fun celebrating with you this weekend :)

CaSondra Shim said...

Happy Birthday Hutt!- It was so good to celebrate with you on Sat! Thanks for showing me how you can walk!

Em said...

Happy 1st Birthday, sweet boy! You are a little miracle! Love and hugs from Drew, Em, Lucy, and Lil Bean :)

Patten Family said...

Yeah! Happy bday buddy:) He is too cute:)

Gail said...

Happy Birthday Hutton! I can't believe it was just a year ago we were all waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for the news of your arrival! And now look, you're all walking and stuff! It only gets better momma! :)

CLAREW said...

Happy birthday Hutton!!! The first birthday is always a little bittersweet ;)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Hutt! It cannot be possible that it's been a year already! I remember getting your call and thinking, no, she could not have had this baby that early!! But there he was! I am so thankful that you all made it through those tough early days and now have this handsome little one-year-old to show for it! Hope you had a great day!