Thursday, March 3, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday: White Chicken Chili

Oh shush you and your but it's Thursday??!!  I know.  This post was supposed to go up yesterday, but well, yeah, life...and all that.

For the past couple of years now Collin and I have made a point of sitting down (okay fine, we don't actually sit down) and planning dinners for the week.  Our schedule typically goes something like this:

Sunday: Cook decent meal
Monday: Have leftovers from Sunday
Tuesday: Cook something quick (30 min or less, preferably less)
Wednesday: Cook decent meal since this is the day I'm home with the boys
Thursday: Has become a open night, we usually either have leftovers from Wednesday (or anything left from Tuesday) or cook something quick - I don't usually plan this meal and if we do end up cooking we use things in the cupboard.
Friday:  Pizza or fish night (sometimes take out, sometimes frozen)

A few weeks ago I posted our Wednesday night dinner on Twitter and every Wednesday since then I've felt compelled to do it again.  I love hearing people's responses to what they are eating so I decided, hey!, let's start it here on the blog.  This also happens to be perfect timing because last night not only did I cook, but I cooked the meal that was on my Winter Soul Season list, white chicken chili with cornbread.

Oh crap.  Now I see that I said I was going to make that for a weekend dinner.  Oh whatever. 

I used the Taste of Home Creamy White Chili recipe and it was fabulous. It had just enough spice to satisfy me, but not too much that Keaton couldn't eat it.  I mean, it took some bribing (you can't feed Hutt if you don't eat your soup) and some threatening (no brownies if you don't eat - which, my bad, I never did give him a brownie even though he did eat) but he could eat it and he did eventually eat it. Although Collin came home and said, wow, this is a little spicy....  Anyway, point is, it was delicious and I can't wait to go have leftovers tonight!



So, tell me, what did you have last night for dinner?  Or tonight?  Or any night this week you choose to share?

PS Yeah, I know, all sorts of classy with my paper towel napkins.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Isn't that chili SUPER yummy!!!!! I'm glad you tried the recipe. Last night we had B's birthday meal of pancakes, bacon and fresh fruit salad (strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, grapes, muskmelon) with cupcakes for dessert.

Mama B said...

I've always wanted to make Chicken Chili, sounds really good!

Amanda said...

Kira I cut the heat of it a bit by only using 1 can of green chiles and tried to make it a bit more healthy by using fat free sour cream. It's super yummy :)

Em said...

I bookmarked this recipe because it looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing. This should be a fun Wednesday segment.