Thursday, March 10, 2011

This and That

I love holidays.  Love them.  When I was in college I was really good about sending cards to all of my friends for each holiday.  I'm no longer good about sending cards but I do still love holidays.  And I think I love them even more now that Keaton is getting old enough to get into and remember some of the traditions we are starting.  All of this to say, I'm pretty giddy over the thought that St. Patrick's Day is next Thursday.  Today I found myself thinking over our menu, planning this weekend's project, and considering decorations for next year.


Sitting here, I totally thought it was Wednesday until Grey's just came on.  Dude! It's Thursday.  That's awesome.

I was planning on cleaning the mud room tonight.  I always have grand plans for the evening.  They rarely come to fruition. My typical evening is dinner, clean up after dinner, play with the kids for a little bit, bed time routine, nurse Hutt, putt Hutt down, snuggle Keaton, snuggle Keaton, snuggle Keaton, kid, go to sleep already! Fall alseep trying to get Keaton to bed.  Wake up a couple of hours later and decide I'm too tired to even brush my teeth, turn on alarm, fall into bed.  Then the mornings are wake up to alarm, hit snooze, hit snooze, hit snooze, oh crap I've been hitting snooze for 45 min., turn alarm off, finally get up when kids are awake, mutter curse words because we only have 40 min. before I need to be logged onto work, get kids fed, get kids changed, pack kids bag and food, push everyone out the door, log on, fill coffee mug, oh holy shit right now I'd just like to relax.  Oh yeah, that's right, now it's time to work.


I'm only 2 pages into this book and I can already tell that I'm going to love it. Amanda lent this book to me. We started this new thing for our birthdays; instead of getting each other gifts we exchange books.  This is great for me because Amanda reads good books.  This is not so great for Amanda because I rarely have time to read these days.  Every time we see each other we exchange, she's usually giving me three and I give her one...if she's lucky.


Speaking of Birthdays, March is the month of Birthday Parties for us. We have one party for each of the next three weekends.  Two of them are double parties which means I recently shopped for 5 different kids gifts. So far I've done all of my shopping online and I'm not going to lie, I've enjoyed every second of it.  I still have one more gift to buy....I'm looking for a girls sleeping bag with peace signs on it.  This doesn't seem like it should be so difficult, but.....


Collin just sat down next to me and said: you smell like booze!  I looked and him and said: That's cause I'm drinking (glass of wine.) Which reminds me, we need to have a talk.  I'm thinking about having a traditional St. Patrick's Day meal this year with corned beef and cabbage.  Him: That's what we have every year?! Me: No, we usually have corned beef and kraut.  Him: Kraut IS cabbage. How is this related to drinking?  Me: Cause I'm also planning on making Irish coffee.

 I mean, that connection was obvious, right?


These pictures?  This is a typical photo shoot with the boys.  Hey Keats, can you go sit by your brother?  Hey guys, look here, look here, at Mama!  Hutton.  Hutton!  Oh, what's that, what's over there?  Careful.  Careful of your brother.  ::sigh::


Collin is sitting next to me waiting patiently to use the computer. Tonight we watched Wipeout and I'm trying to teach Keaton a new phrase: Good Night! And Big Balls.


4 comments:

Gail said...

I L.O.V.E. Wipeout! Jacob and I watch every Thursday. And Jeremy, he giggles like a girl through the whole hour.

I'm interested to see how the Irish coffee turns out and thanks for reminding me to get my corned beef! :)

Jill said...

Too funny! I have the same problem with getting kids to look at pics (even though my kids are a little older - Em is the worst!) We always tell her to look at our eyes...that seems to be working recently!

I've been meaning to tell you, we found a cute craft for St. Pat's on kaboose.com (I googled for st. pat's toddler crafts and it came up). It's a rainbow that you make with a half cut paper plate and glue different colored streamers to make the rainbow colors and then hang shamrocks from the rainbow like a mobile. The kids bothed LOVED it!

Good luck with your St. Pat's day meal planning! Mmmm...coffee....I miss it SO much!

Em said...

Can't wait to see what all you do to celebrate St. Patty's! I hope you like doing the cabbage instead of kraut. I love kraut, too, but nothing beats fresh cabbage cooked along with the corned beef on St. Patty's. I'm planning to bake a loaf of Irish Soda Bread this year, too. *crossing fingers*

Amanda said...

Yeah for birthday parties :) Thanks for coming!!!!