Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hot Cocoa!

Congratulations to Jill!!  She was the first person to correctly guess that Keaton was drinking hot chocolate.  Or, as he calls it, hot cocoa (ha co co, with a pause between syllables for emphasis.)

If I had two prizes I'd also be sending one to Kate who not only guessed hot chocolate but guessed hot chocolate with marshmallows after snowshoeing. A couple of mornings ago I got up, read this comment on my phone and said, Collin, listen to this, and then started reading it to him. He cut me off though and said, I know, I read it last night, I almost woke you up to tell you about it!

Kate was dead-on.  After a day in the snow we came inside and Keaton and I got the cocoa out of the cupboard...

In the saucepan we put our cocoa, sugar, and water...

And then added the milk...

Pour it into a cup, add some marshmallows (or whipped cream) and ta-da! a cup of deliciousness.

Making the cocoa was the easy part.  Waiting for it to cool enough to drink it was a tad bit harder.

Finally, Finally!, the time came for Keats to try his first sip.


It's been a really long time since I've made real hot cocoa.  I put it on my Soul Season list last year but never got around to making it, so it went back on the list this year. I forgot just how awesome it is.  This stuff is like, gourmet, you guys. 



Keaton did come up for air once or twice...

But for the most part that cup was to his lips...

...until every last bit was gone.



In celebration of St. Patrick's Day Jill will be receiving one of these festive towels that my mom and I made last weekend.  Well, wait, we didn't actually make the towel, I bought the towel and hot pad at Kohl's, but we did sew them together to make them into a hanging towel.

I'll be back with another guessing game in time for Easter, I decided on the question and the prize today! 

4 comments:

Jill said...

Too fun! Although...can you post your recipe for hot cocoa?! I'm SO impressed that you made it from scratch! My poor kids get the kind out of the container, although it is a little easier to control the temp that way (we usually just use warm tap water!) I'd love to try the homemade kind though...they probably wouldn't try the other kind ever again! Thanks for the game - I love it!

Em said...

Mmmm...that hot cocoa looks so yummy. :) And I love the idea for the hanging towel...too cute!

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

loving your craftiness :)

Kate W. said...

Sweet Keaton is just about as delicious as that cocoa! I hate to say it but... he looks SO big! Sigh...

Now that you have linked me (although I am two days late in reading....) I HAVE to go update that darn blog of mine! I am such a slacker-
I totally use the cocoa with the Keurig machine... not from scratch!