Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Veggies (and other updates)


A few weeks ago I finally put everything aside and made Hutt his first veggie.  I forgot just how much I love making baby food.  It's still a dream of mine to start a business with Kira.  I really think we have a good plan, I just wish putting something like that in motion wasn't so difficult and time consuming and in need of a monetary investment.  Ah well.  Maybe someday. 

Hutt has now had his 2nd veggie and I plan on making his 3rd this coming weekend.

Can you guess what he had as his first taste of real food?

First person to guess Hutt's first veggie AND his reaction to it will get a little prize from me :) 

I'll post the answer this weekend.

Here's my favorite little sous chef.  And his toys.


***

I've been absent around these parts lately because something big is going on around here.  Something I haven't been able to stop thinking about but also that I haven't been able to talk about.  Within the next couple of days I should be able to tell you what it is.  The past couple of weeks I've felt like I was living in a dream.  Can't wait to share more soon.

***

Enjoying Today is finally back!!  At the beginning of January my cell phone carrier switched to a new company.  If you live around here I'm sure you've heard of all the heartache it has caused people.  I was without a fully functioning phone for over 2 weeks.  In the end I had to get a whole new phone because my old one (which was in perfectly fine condition!!) wouldn't support their software changes.  I finally got a new phone but I still haven't been able to get everything working properly (ie. I can't get the Facebook app loaded.)

Anyway! I usually take my Enjoying Today pics with my phone since it is easy and accessible when we are doing random things with the boys during the day/evening but because I wasn't able to email any pictures from my phone I haven't been taking any.  But today it is back and I hope now that my phone is working again I can keep the page updated regularly.

***

Collin you are not eligible to win the prize mentioned above. 

(As I was writing this Hutt woke up from his nap so I went to get him and Collin sat down and read the beginning of the entry.  When I walked into the kitchen he says: I know Hutt's first veggie!!  Where's my prize?)

9 comments:

Em said...

Peas, and he loved them? That's my guess. Can't wait for you to be able to share your big news!

Mama B said...

by the looks of that bright green blender I would also guess peas, but I will say he he didn't like them?

Amy Bomstad said...

avocado....and he hated it.

The Life of Me said...

Im gonna say peas too!!!!! And I think he absolutley loved it.

amanda said...

Peas for me too, and I'm guessing he devoured them!

Geri said...

I was going to guess peas because of the color, too, but I'll say green beans since no one has. I would guess he loved them, because let's face it...by the time they start real veggies rice cereal is getting pretty old!! :)

Kate W. said...

What?!What?!WHAT! You can't leave me hanging like this! Just so you know, a co-worker/friend said this morning "Have you read Merlot Kate?" and then we came up with 1,000 things that we think your news is about. Don't you love we are living vicariously through you?? :) What ever the news, I am glad you are excited about it!

Kate said...

@ Kate W - I HAVE GOT to change my profile to read 'Merlot Kate' - that might be my favorite nickname of all time :) Also, crap, I hope I'm not setting up my news to be earth shattering, now I'm afraid it is going to be a complete disappointment.

Jill said...

I was going to say green beans too and he loved them!