Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dear Hutton: 7 Months

Dear Hutton,


You recently turned 7 months old. And by recently I mean like 2 weeks ago. Such is life these days, hectic, hectic. On the bright side though I started a new job this week and we’re hoping it is going to give us a little better balance with the work/home life. Last night I logged off at 5:33 pm and walked out the door to see you and your brother. I think I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen you and Keaton at 5:33 pm in the last several months. This is a big move for us and we have high hopes.


This month has been a big one for you. You started eating rice cereal last month and this month you tried your first veggie, green beans. You have been so interested in food, grabbing at our plates and smacking your lips, that I expected a big fan fare over your first “real” food. I was wrong. You liked them, oh yes, you love your food, but there were no big smiles or kicking of feet. There was just you, opening your mouth, eating your green beans. You were unphased. It was as if you’d been eating green beans all your life. Your Daddy commented the other day that you were “ready for a chicken wing” and I think that about nails it.


The other big thing you started doing this month is rolling. And when I say rolling I mean, rolling. Gone are the days that we can lay you down on a blanket in the living room and run to the kitchen to get something. Once you mastered rolling from your back to your front you were off. You prefer to roll to the left so I like to combat this new skill by setting you at the farthest point to the right in the room that I can. It gives me an extra 30 seconds or so to go pick you up before you roll smack into the hearth. I don’t mind you rolling; it’s actually pretty fun to watch you get around, but the downside of this is that diaper changes have been….hmm…how do I put this? Interesting lately. You refuse to lie on your back, instantly flipping to your tummy and inching your way to the end so you can play with the tags on the bottom of the changer. I am not exaggerating when I say it feels like I’m wrestling an alligator while changing your clothes. I’ve had to actually pin you down by putting one elbow on the other side of you to keep you in place. I would like to know what happened to my lazy little boy who would lie so patiently while being changed. The roll monster seems to have taken him.


My favorite thing you started this month is this pose that you do while getting a diaper change (when you’re not flipping over.) You stretch your legs out as far as you can and cross them at your ankles. You look like you’re drinking a cold beer while lying on the beach, so nice and relaxed. It is the most hysterical thing and it cracks me up each and every time. I have yet to snap a picture of it, which reminds me, I better do that soon, before you give it up.


At 7 months you are still a smiley, happy baby with an infectious giggle. You love bath time and play time and everything still goes straight into your mouth. You love your brother most of all and will do everything you can to see him and touch him. You’re still nursing and waking in the middle of the night, usually once to eat and once to fuss to be put back into the pack n’ play. Oh, yes, the other big thing that happened this month, we finally moved you out of your bassinet. We should have done it awhile ago as you were clearly getting to long to fit in there. You’re still drinking about 5 oz. bottles and wearing 3-6 month clothes.


I look forward to all this next month brings.
Love you buddy,
Mama

7 comments:

Mama B said...

getting so big!!

Jill said...

So sweet! Happy 7 months!

CaSondra Shim said...

his smile makes me smile!

Patten Family said...

Yeah for 7months! And the packnplay! Good time for a switch:)

They are TOO CUTE!

Kristal Melbye said...

He is just so cute! Like, insanely cute!

Em said...

Ah! My goodness Mr. Hutt is CUTE! I love that smile...so infectious! Hard to believe he's 7 months already...slow down, buddy!

Amanda said...

Hutter, I don't think you can get any cuter!!!! I see your Mommy each time I look at you :) Those blue eyes of yours are going to get you into trouble some day! Keep up the cuteness buddy!!!