Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Brothers

A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning up the kitchen table while Collin was pouring glasses of milk.  The boys were already sitting at the dining room table, ready for dinner, when I heard Collin whispering loudly from the kitchen: Kate! Kate! Get the camera.


I turned around to see Keaton feeding his brother.


I remember a time when I was newly pregnant with Hutton worrying that adding another child to our family so soon might not be fair to Keaton.


It has been so obvious lately that not only was it fair, but it might have been the best decision we've ever made. These two are so close.

Keaton might not always like to share his toys with his brother, but he loves helping out in almost every other way: feeding, bathing, holding him, etc.


And Hutton copies everything his big brother does.

Every night since this first feeding Keaton has requested to feed his brother: Tee feed Baby.  And every night we have let him because it makes him happy.  And it makes Hutton happy. And seeing these two interact makes us happy.


9 comments:

Em said...

*tear* Oh man, did this post ever pull at my heartstrings! Thank you so much for sharing it. That is the cutest thing ever..."Tee" feeding Hutton. It warms my heart knowing your boys are so close! :)

TeamNee said...

Okay seriously! I have a newborn at home and don't want her to grow up too fast or give her a sibling too quickly but oh my gosh, does this post make me want to have two soon! :) You are doing a great job!

Gail said...

Aw! That's the cutest thing EVER! :)

Amanda said...

I agree with Em...*tear*, that is the sweetest thing EVER!!! Good job Tee for being a great big brother :)

CLAREW said...

Aaawww! I love when you can capture such sweet moments of them thoroughly enjoying each other.Love this!

Katharine said...

As you once said to me, "my uterus just exploded!" I love that picture of Keaton with his mouth open - I assume demonstrating what Hutton needs to do... so sweet.

Kristal Melbye said...

Adorable! So sweet! The picture of Keaton opening his mouth is my fave, too!

Rach said...

Had to pop out of my reader to actually comment on this. LOVE it. Brothers are the best :-)

Jill said...

This is awesome! I have to say some of the best and most rewarding moments in parenting have to be when you watch your kids doing something as precious as this and they don't realize they have an audience! Love it!