Sunday, January 16, 2011

With Thanks, New Years Resolutions, Packers Win!, and other Random Stuff

Some of you may have noticed that just before Christmas My Merlot got a face lift.  I'd like to take a second to give a shout-out to Ember, my wonderful, amazing, and talented friend, who designed the new masthead. Thank you, thank you, thank you hon! I love it so much!

I'd also like to send a big Thank you to CaSondra, my awesome sister-in-law, who took all the photos in the masthead as well as the ones on my About page.  I recently updated the About page with new pictures from the boys' 2-year and 6-month photo shoots so make sure you check it out.

I love you both and am so appreciative of your work!

***

I wasn't planning on making a New Years resolution this year, I mentioned before that we had written our goals for the year and that was all I was planning on doing.  But then last weekend as we were preparing for Keaton's birthday party I did something that I hadn't done in a long time and I forgot how good it felt.  I turned up the music and I danced.

Are you guys watching Paula's new show?  Did you watch last week with Austen and Bev and Hap?  I've got some mad moves and I'd say they are a mixture of Austen's crazy sporadic body whips and Bev and Hap's, well, what do you call their moves? A wiggle?  Shake? All I know is after watching those two routines I looked at Collin and said, I could be on this show!!

I decided this week that I'm making a New Year's resolution after all, I'm making a resolution to dance more.  When I declared this to Collin he said 'you must have felt good after last weekend?" 

Felt good?  Well, not exactly, I actually woke up in the middle of the night that night and thought I was dying, my whole body ached from moving like an idiot.  But I did feel happy.  Really happy. And since my little crazy show Keaton has been running around the house and shaking his arms when he hears music.  And the smile that spreads across his face when he does it is priceless. 

So this morning Collin slept in and I got up with the boys and Keaton and I made pancakes and then we watched Charlie Brown Valentine and then we put a cd in and we danced. And danced. And danced.

And then I made another New Years resolution.

No dancing in my nursing bras.  Must. wear. support.

***

It is a good night in Wisconsin.  After a rocky start to tonight's game The Pack came back to defeat.  No, that's too generous....BLOW OUT Atlanta.  I'll be the first to admit that tensions were high in this house before the game.  We were a little worried and with the way the game started we were getting scared.  But thankfully they got their crap together and WOO! Packers Win!!! NFC Championship game next weekend!

I'm feeling slightly guilty for not going to the Packer party we were invited to tonight, but we've been so busy lately that we both really just wanted to stay home.  We made popcorn for the Steelers/Ravens game, ate fajitas in between games and had snacks during the Packer game.  It was low-key and perfect.

***

I can't remember what the other random stuff was that I was going to write about. 

I know there was something.  And I'm sure it was important.  But it's almost midnight and we need to go to church in the morning so, Goodnight for now!

2 comments:

CLAREW said...

I too love the set-up!!!!! No comment on the Packers ;)

Em said...

I'm so glad you love your masthead. I loved designing it!

Now THAT'S a resolution I buy into. Just reading it made me smile. I think more silly dancing just made it onto my list for this year, too. :)