Sunday, January 23, 2011

This and That

I've been doing alot of bitching lately about how I have no. time. to. blog.  But then when I do have time I sit down, look at an empty screen and I've got nothing, usually because I'm too tired to try to form a thought and sometimes because although I have a bazillion post ideas running through my mind it never feels like the right time to tell you about the children's cd that is rocking our house right now or the google searches that have landed people here.  And so instead of writing anything new I just read other people's posts and continue bitching about how there is noooo. tiiiime.  You know, real productive whining, instead of like, I don't know, sitting down and WRITING! So I'm starting today with a brain dump of random stuff and hopefully it will get the juices flowing so I can give you a real post soon.


Have I told you about my feet?  Ever since giving birth to Hutton my feet hurt.  Like really, really hurt.  Especially in the morning or after I've been off of them for awhile.  They feel, I kid you not, like they are broken.  Every morning I start out with a limp and people have commented on it at work when I get up from my desk after sitting for awhile.  My thought is that my arches are shot but I don't really know, has anyone else experienced something like this?

My view from here includes cloth diapers hanging in the window, a burp cloth slung over the dining room chair, a sippy cup and snack cup on the table, two boxes of toys strewn across the living room floor, pump pieces on the kitchen counter, and wooden blocks on the entertainment center that spell out 'Go Pack Go.'

Like how I snuck that Packer reference in there oh so subtly.  Yeah, there's a big game today and as much as I don't want to mention it....I can't help but mention it! 

My parents are here for the game.  My parents are Bears fans.  You see where this is going...

Okay, okay, enough football talk. 

Go Pack Go!

Okay, now I'm done.  Promise.


My mom just got done cleaning my dining room floor and all the floors in the basement.  I don't know how she does it but she can be here for one day and get more done then I do in a week. I've come to realize I don't like cleaning which is why I spend every Saturday morning in a huff. I know how much I need to do but I DON'T WANT TO!  I still think we need to hire a cleaning lady.  We've talked about it numerous times but we just don't have the extra money right now. 

I think I've had 4 cups of coffee this morning. Or maybe 5.


Keaton and I made something for the birds last weekend (one of the blog posts on my mind) - Collin tells me there are no birds around here during the winter but I call bullshit because yesterday when I opened the garage door to throw away a dirty diaper I heard birds chirping.  I swear I'm not making that up.

Speaking of diapers, we started Hutt on veggies this last week and today is the first day we've used cloth diapers since he started eating them.  I don't have a diaper sprayer.  I'm kinda dreading the first poop where I have to go ring the diaper in the toilet.

Collin took these pictures of the boys back in November and I've been meaning to post them since then.



I love these boys.  I was really short with Keaton yesterday morning, he's a typical two-year old who is into everything and I was moody because of the cleaning (see above) and I snapped at him a couple of times.  Then Hutt fell asleep for his morning nap and I told Keaton we were going to pick up the living room and without skipping a beat he started putting his toys away and getting his vacuum out.  I wish in those moments of frustration I remembered this side of him. He is such a good boy, even if he spreads wood chips all over the living room floor, spills the dog's water in the kitchen, and leaves a general path of destruction with every step. 

While I was writing that Collin was in the living room telling Keat to 'stop biting my foot, it is not a toy!'

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the random thoughts :) Good job for sitting down and writing! Go Pack!!!!

CaSondra Shim said...

love the pic of the boys holding hands and how Hutt looks at Keat! Just love it.

Em said...

Hey, look at you! You sat down and wrote something! :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Jill said...

Sometimes random thoughts are the best!

On the "foot note"..haha...Andy just went in to the Dr. cause he had a sore foot (kind of on top) and every time he bends his foot it hurts. Couple things came out of this: 1) he found out he has flat feet, so he needs to go get special arch supports made for his shoes to help that (kind of what you mentioned) and 2) the arches are probably part of the problem, but they think he has a stress fracture in his one foot based on the bone scan. We looked it up and it said they were fairly common (more in women) and can occur when you've pushed yourself or have added strain on your feet. Not sure if you're done any of that lately, but probably a possibility (his was from running, which he has now quit again as a result). Just something to consider. Hope your feet feel better soon!

Kate said...

Hey Jill, what kind of doctor did Andy go see? A Family Practice? I think I have to go. This has been going on too long and they really, really hurt. Especially my left one. It started out hurting on the top, like you described, but now I'd say they hurt more on the sides, right below my toes in the widest part. They hurt to the touch. Thanks so much for the info, I needed a kick in the butt to go figure out what is going on.

Jill said...

Yep - he just went to a family practice doctor and then she sent him to the hospital to have the bone scan done. If they hurt that much, I would definitely get it checked out. Andy has been hurting since November and he finally gave in and decided it was painful enough that he wanted to check it out! Good luck!

Ashleigh W. said...

As for your feet hurting, ever since I had Henry, my knees and hips hurt, bad enough that sometimes my knee goes out on me, or my hips hurt bad enough that I have a limp. I was told it was from my joints loosening after birth.