Monday, November 15, 2010

Stop what you are doing and go get yourself a pie pumpkin

And then make Kim's Pumpkin Salsa Soup.  I promise you will not regret it.


This was on my Soul in the Season list for fall because we made it last year and we liked it.  But Oh Em Gee, I forgot just how good it was!!

We put ours over tortilla chips and topped with cheese and sour cream and served with homemade bread.  Also, because we like our soups thick I put a little extra of everything in it. 

Bonus!  If you make it this weekend you'll have some left over pumpkin puree to use in your Thanksgiving muffins, pies, or morning oatmeal (my brother filled me in on this little secret and we'll be testing it out in the morning!)

So go!  Go get yourself a pie pumpkin!

2 comments:

Em said...

I might just have to do that. Still planning to try this recipe. Looks super yummy. :)

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

Yeah! So glad you like it ... I might have to make it again soon :)