Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So, Thursday's the Day

We have a 6:15 a.m. check-in at the emergency room entrance.  The doctor and anesthesiologist will meet us there to sign all the consent forms and take care of any other pre-op work.

He can have breast milk until midnight and pedialyte from midnight to 5 a.m. No liquid after 5.

He'll have to stay overnight for monitoring. I forgot to ask whether I could stay with him.  I'm packing a bag and planning on it. 

Keaton will spend the night at Papa & Busha's tomorrow night and Collin will come home Thursday afternoon/evening assuming all goes okay and will come back to pick us up on Friday.

It's a routine surgery.

It's a routine surgery.

It's a routine surgery....

It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself this I can't shake the bad thoughts. 

What if something goes wrong?
What if it is an off day for the anesthesiologist? or doctor?
What if he doesn't come back to us the same child?
What if he doesn't come back to us at all?

It's a routine surgery.

I'm kinda glad this is all happening so quickly (we just scheduled this morning), less time for me to sit around worrying about it, getting myself worked up any more than I already am.

I'm so happy that potentially by the end of the week he will be out of pain.

But I'm scared. It's my baby.

I know I would likely feel the same way in 3, 6, 9 months.  I know I have to just have faith.  I know that I have to trust in Him. 

Prayers, good thoughts, etc. would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure if the hospital has Wi-Fi but if so I'll update on the blog, otherwise I'll post updates through Twitter.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

<3. Love you. Praying for you. Proud of you! It'll all be worth it when Hutt doesn't scream everytime he's in his carseat! As always, you're all in my thoughts and prayers!

<3 AJ

TeamNee said...

I will be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way. Hutt will do great. He's a strong little man.

Em said...

Will be praying for Hutt during his surgery, for a speedy recovery, and your peace of mind leading up to, during, and after. I wish I could give you a big hug right now! I know it's really scary, so I'm glad it's all happening fast so that you don't have to worry for too long. Love you!

CaSondra Shim said...

YES- PRAYING for you!!! He will be in so much less pain after this- so glad you could get it done now rather than at 6 months. Praying for your thoughts and for a smooth surgery!

Jill said...

Many comforting thoughts and prayers for you and your family over the next couple of days for a smooth surgery and recovery. I'm sure he will do great! Hugs to you!

Patten Family said...

Everything will be fine. He's a Kono...you guys are tough:)

Hang in there. We're praying for you!

Kate W. said...

I am just getting to read this now- BIG prayers coming your way! Give Hutt a smooch from Cincinnati!
Try and keep us posted!

Yonten said...

We share your feelings. It's really hard but we pray that everything be all right at the end. I join others in their prayers!!!

Yonten said...
This comment has been removed by the author.