Sunday, October 17, 2010

Preparations

This has been the weekend of preparations. 

Collin has been at the cabin since Thursday preparing it for the winter closing (and putting in cabinets and finishing the wood siding on the walls - it is looking awesome!). 

So my mom came up to stay with the boys and me and we've been busy assembling and preparing Halloween costumes.  We took them to get their pictures taken yesterday and she was sewing on the final ear in the car en route.  I was a little worried because Keaton usually refuses to wear his accessories (when we've taken test runs at home) and Hutton cried almost the entire time but thankfully we got a couple of good ones of each boy.  I'm dying to show you the pictures but I'm forcing myself to wait.  Collin and I have one more thing to finish for Keaton next weekend and then we'll be all set for the big day!


I've also been doing lots of laundry in preparation of our venture into cloth diapering. We decided to give it a try a few weeks ago and the diapers came in the mail last weekend but I hadn't yet had the time to get everything washed up and prepped.  I'm excited and nervous (specifically, I'm nervous about cloth diapering Keaton's poop, to put it bluntly) and I'm sure I'll be writing another post in the future to let you know how this endeavor is going.


And we've been preparing for the start of our program tomorrow.  This booklet (our Bible for the next 12-weeks) has been put together (it contains our workouts, a workout menu, and our meal plans), lunches are made and dinners for the next two nights are prepped.  I was telling my brother last weekend that I had put it on the blog that we were doing this and as I was telling him I was cringing - I mean now if we fail, we fail big.  But he looked at me and said - that's good that you've told people, it makes you more accountable.  And you know what?  He's right.

All week long I've been thinking of tonight as "the Eve of Commitment" and so I found it fitting that this was the quote on our workout schedule:

"There are only two options regarding commitment.  You're either in or out.  There's no such thing as a life in-between." -Pat Riley


What have you been up to this weekend?

3 comments:

Geri said...

Omg, I need your mom to come help me! I'm making a Panda Bear costume for Emma from what appears to be the same pattern you used for the leopard. I haven't even started because I don't think I can do it! Argh...wish me luck!

Kate said...

Geri - I'm sure that is the same pattern because it has a Panda Bear option (which I think it adorable!!) - it is also the pattern we used for Keaton's skunk last year. Call my mom is you run into trouble. You can do it!!

Em said...

Looking forward to seeing how the costumes turn out! Keep us posted on your switch to cloth diapers. May I ask what brand you're using? I've been looking into them a bit while my co-worker was researching them, and I'm curious which ones you went with and why.

Hope your 12-week program is going well so far!