Tuesday, August 10, 2010

(Not so much) Enjoying Today

I have no pictures to share today because, well, I'm not going to mince words here, today was shitastic!

Hutton was crying and moody all day long. By noon I gave up on trying to figure out what was wrong: was he hungry, dirty/wet, needing to be held, have gas, etc. etc. etc. and decided he was just having a bad day. I couldn't put him down for more than 5 minutes and at one point I left him in the bouncer while I tried to use the bathroom and half way through he was howling so loud I thought he might burst a lung.

After lunch Keaton was climbing on his little plastic chair and I told him to get down because he was going to get hurt and wouldn't you know 0.2 seconds later his leg slipped through the arm rest and flip goes the chair and clunk goes his head, right into the hearth. I ran to him, and like all accidents picked him up looking for blood, but unlike any accident before there actually was some gushing from his head. After calling Collin to come home to look at it I called the doctor and took him in. We had three options, a stitch, glue, or a butterfly strip. We ended up going with glue. It was awful for both of us - they strapped him down on a gurney and he screamed bloody murder. I held his hands the whole time but he was so scared. When it was finally all over he clung to me and his little body was just shaking and he was whimpering. The doctor gave him a graham cracker though and that must have made up for it because he gave her a little wave bye bye.

And then to top the day off our computer took a shit. A big one. Hard drive is shot. I was working on something online when it just shut down on me giving me some error message. After trying to reboot it unsuccessfully, calling Em & Drew to get some advice, and bringing it to the Geek Squad we determined it wasn't worth the $70 for them to do a diagnostic and tell us what we already know, it's dead. We left our external drive with them and for $100 they are going to try to retrieve the information. It's a 50/50 shot.

Sooooo, we bought a new computer tonight. Which is kinda fun. But would be more fun if it was a planned for purchase, you know? But still, New Freakin' Computer!! Woo!

How was your day?

6 comments:

Katharine said...

YIKES - I'm sorry, that sounds really scary. Poor Keaton and poor you! Here's to a better day tomorrow!

amanda said...

Oooohhhh, what a day! Glad you're getting a new computer, though! Poor Keats...I hope he's feeling better! And I hope Wednesday is nicer to you!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh no- A REAL BOO BOO this time! Sorry your day was so bad- good thing the days start a new each day and we get to start over. Love you- CAS

Patten Family said...

I love getting new computers. I'm still in love with our HP Pavilion we bought in November 2008 - still feels new to me!

Glad you fixed the ticker:)

Em said...

I was feeling all sorry for myself yesterday until you called. Your bad day totally trumped mine...poor girl. Congrats on the new computer! I hope you're liking it and that you're able to get those few things you wanted off of your hard drive. Also hopes K's boo-boo heals fast and that H is having a better day today!

Jill said...

So sorry...everyone has those awful days and for some reason the terrible days seem to have everything go wrong! Looks like the next day went better...so glad! And no worries on Keaton's boo boo...at least it happened while he's young so he won't remember! We had the same thing happen with Emma on her forehead at about Keaton's age and they used the "papoose" to strap her down...and do you know she was so strong and upset that she actually pushed herself out of the it??? We had to hold her down for the stitches (pretty much the worst day ever for us, but we survived!) Hope he's feeling better!