Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Enjoying Today





**
Oh wow, it has been so long since I've been on here and shared an "Enjoying Today" post. I have so many posts in the hopper but for tonight I thought I'd give you a quick update on what's been going on around here.

**
Vacation. Oh vacation. I was looking so forward to you. If you were following along on Twitter then you already know that our vacation sucked. With a capital S. Story to come but what was supposed to be a little work and lots of relaxing vacation ended up being alot of work and little relaxing vacation.

**
While we were on vacation my Google account was hacked. I was able to take care of resetting my password on my phone and get my emails and blog up and running again but when we got home and I tried to log in on our computer I must have typed the password wrong and got locked out of my account again, which is why you didn't hear from me last week. By the time I finally got into my account we already had house guests and were in full swing baptism preparation mode.

**
Yesterday was our first day back to our "normal" schedule and I was in a funk all day. Today it rained so we spent the day organizing our den. Our poor den that becomes the dumping ground for all things that need a home. It was a disaster. It's not perfect yet but oh boy is it alot better than it was.

**
First thing in the morning I'll be making a call to Hutt's pediatrician. This evening he was intensely screaming while I was changing him and I noticed a large lump in his groin area. I called Collin in immediately and my first thought was: hernia. Of course I got online right away to see what I could find out about infant hernias and I'm afraid I might be right. It says they are common in premies, are usually on the right side, can pop out when crying/straining/etc. all of this fits the bill. Thankfully when he calmed down I checked him again and it was no longer there, which, by the reading seems to be a less serious one. I'll keep you posted.
**
On Thursday I'll be heading back into my doctor's office for a biopsy. At the beginning of my pregnancy with Hutt I had a routine pap done that came back abnormal. At the time they weren't overly concerned and said lets wait until after the baby is born, I guess abnormal paps can be common during pregnancy. At my 6-week post birth apt I had the follow-up done, which also came back abnormal. I'm a little nervous about the whole thing, but will also keep you posted.
**
This is my last full week of maternity leave; I go back to work next Thursday. I'm sad that my time home is coming to an end and I'm nervous about transitioning into a new "normal" but overall I feel better about this return then I did the first time around. Right before I left I accepted a new position at work and so I'm excited to start in my new roll. This time around I also know that even if I have to leave them during the day I will still be their Mama and they will still love me. The first time I had to do this I was going back to a job that I was getting bored with and I had a fear that by being away from Keats all day would damage our relationship. So even though I would still do anything to be a SAHM my attitude this time around is different - this is our situation so I might as well make the best of it, both at home and at work.
**
Tomorrow is September 1st, otherwise known as the start of my diet. It was supposed to start August 1st but that date kinda came and went with no progress made. I'm breastfeeding so I won't be restricting calories but I do need to think through my calories - make healthier choices. I've gained alot of weight since the beginning of our journey to parenthood: 10 lbs in the 10 months we were trying to conceive with Keaton, 10 lbs that never came off after I had Keaton, 7 lbs that I put on after I stopped breastfeeding Keaton (which was 1 month before I got pregnant again), and almost another 10 that haven't come off since having Hutton. So quick math says I have about 35 lbs to loose. Damn that number is daunting. So instead I'm going to take it in small steps and celebrate each victory: prepegnancy Hutton weight, pre end of breastfeeding Keaton weight, prepregnancy Keaton weight, pre ttc weight. Even more importantny than the actual pounds though I want to get back into the jeans that I bought before I got pregnant with K. They are cute jeans and the thought of parting with them when I haven't even worn them that much makes me sad. Naturually, on the night before the diet start I consumed about a bazillion cookies. I rock.
**
I think that gets you up to date. I'll have a vacation post coming soon. Actually, several vacation posts as I think I'm going to do seperate picture posts because despite the suck there were some really good moments. The problem I'm having is that this new computer is not allowing me to download all of the pictures off my camera. I keep getting an error message saying the file is corrupted. So I have to save each one indiviually. I know there has to be a way around this but computer savy I am not....anyone??

2 comments:

amanda said...

Whoa...sounds like you're going to have a busy week! I hope that both you and Hutt are fine! Poor little guy! And I'm glad my mom sent up all that baked stuff ;)! Good luck with the diet...I think I'm finally ready to do the same. Keep me posted!

Em said...

Oh man, Kate. That's got to be a whole lot on your mind right now. I hope that everything is okay with Hutton and that your biopsy shows that everything is fine. I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers. I'm not sure what's going on with downloading pics from the camera, but I'll ask Drew and see if he has any ideas. So frustrating! :(