Thursday, August 5, 2010

Due Date

Today is August 5th. Today was my due date.

I said this date over and over and over throughout my pregnancy.


When are you due?
August 5th.


When are you due?
August 5th.


Repeat, repeat, repeat.


Yet in my heart every time I said it I knew that by today, by August 5th, our baby would already be here. So it surprises me a bit that this whole week every time I've packaged up a bag of breast milk and written the date (it's the only way I'm keeping track of the date these days) I've been counting down 'till August 5th. 'Till the day that he was supposed to be here.


Despite the fact that August 5th isn't Hutton's birthday I think this date will always be special to me, I think each year on this day I'll remember him, remember the anticipation of waiting for him to arrive, remember how excited we were to meet him, remember how much we loved him before we even met him.

Today is August 5th. Today was my due date.

No comments: