Saturday, July 17, 2010

Strawberries!

On Father's Day weekend in between church and our celebration at Papa & Busha's we ran out to Turner's to get some strawberries. I wish we could have picked our own but being 30+ weeks pregnant and beginning the downward slope of "the miserable" that would just not have been an enjoyable experience for anyone involved.


So instead we just picked up this pre-picked 10-lb box.


As soon as I picked it up the sweet smell of berries hit my nose and I wanted to dig in right there. Okay, we might have dug in for one or two - I mean, Keaton wanted one!


After bringing them home I had to figure out what I wanted to do with them. We topped pancakes with a bunch of them - that seems to be the preferred method of eating strawberries in this house - and I froze a ton for use in the fall and winter.


Then, after seeing Amanda's Facebook update that she had made strawberry jam I decided to also give that a try. It was super easy and I'm hoping that it tastes good.


With the last of the berries we made smoothies, which were delish.


Just


ask


this guy.


3 comments:

Em said...

This post literally made my mouth water...YUM! :)

Anonymous said...

K is so funny! He makes me laugh! Beautiful pics! CAS

CLAREW said...

You're always having such fun family time!!!