Friday, July 9, 2010

First week home

I really, really hope that the next 8 weeks (the remainder of my maternity leave) don't go as fast as this one. Every evening I've been meaning to sit down and write an update and every evening has come and gone way too quickly - with no posts written.

It has been a good week though. My mom has been here since Monday helping out and oh my did I need her! This little Stink isn't going to be too happy next week - Mommy isn't as fun as Grammy. (I didn't do any editing on this picture because this is Keaton, every time I get the camera out now he has to get as close as possible to it - sticking his little nose right into the lens.)


We got into a nice routine of taking the boys for a walk in the morning and in the afternoon Grammy would play with Keats outside while I hung out with Hutt inside or on the porch. It's been warm so I got Keaton a new beach ball sprinkler and he has been having fun running through it, stopping only for some snacks while relaxing on the lounge chair.


I thought with my Mom being here I'd be able to get alot done this week - a/k/a clean the house. But who was I fooling?? You can't clean when you have an infant. The only task I actually completed this week was the laundry. Now granted, there was alot of laundry, but still, that's it. I spent one whole afternoon taking picture after picture of Hutton trying to get the perfect one for his birth announcement. I was having some major issues with shadows but I did finally get one that I liked. Of course now that I'm looking back through some of the no-go's I'm second guessing my choice. But too late, they've already been ordered and shipped.





Overall the transition home has gone pretty smoothly. Early in the week I thought I had some baby blues coming on but that night I looked at the calendar realized I have two months left and told myself, this is what I always say I want, to be a SAHM, so here's my chance, I need to make the best of it. I know there are going to be difficult moments and I'm fully expecting next week to be rough as we all adjust one more time but I look at these boys and all I want for them is to have an enjoyable summer.



7 comments:

amanda said...

Glad everything is going well. I have a package for you all...will send it out early next week. Oh, and I'm still trying to win the lotto, so you can be a SAHM (and my personal accountant!) Someday....

Jill said...

Too precious..especially the pics of the boys! It will take Keaton a while to adjust but he'll get there. Try to enjoy the rest of your time at home with them. It does go by so quickly! It's so awesome that your mom has been able to help out this week...I'm sure that was such a relief and good for the boys to get some one-on-one time. Good luck next week! Give a hollar if you need a vent...(been there!) :)

TeamNee said...

I'm so glad that home life is going so well!!! Cant wait to meet hutt!

CLAREW said...

Too cute! Hows Keaton adjustingto geing a big brother??

Em said...

Hutton is sooo cute! Seriously, Kate, aren't preemies not supposed to be that adorable? You guys make CUTE kids! :) I'm wishing you well next week when you're on your own. You'll be in my thoughts/prayers. Remember - I'm only a phone call away! :)

Anonymous said...

AWWW- Hutt is adorable- his pics are great KATE!!! And Keats cracks me up- just love his personality! Yes- I agree with Em that you make great babies! Enjoy every minute- don't worry about the house, laundry, or even blogging- just enjoy those boys! Give them big hugs n kisses from their Aunt and Uncle Shim

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

so adorable!