Monday, July 12, 2010

Enjoying Today

My theme for this summer and the duration of my maternity leave, is to "enjoy today" - so I thought I'd start a daily post (or, okay, maybe not daily...) with my favorite picture(s) of the day - no words, just pictures.

I need this theme for two reasons: 1) I'm Type A to the extreme and I don't function well when things are disorganized/messy/dirty. With animals, children, and both of us working, our house is usually all three. I spend every Saturday morning in a tizzy because OMG there is so much cleaning to be done! But this summer is about my time with the boys and I need to remember that cleaning can wait (though I will probably have to do a little every day because OMG I just cleaned that floor and look at it!!) and 2) around 5:30 at night all hell breaks loose in this house. I think it is a mixture of Keaton being hungry and tired but it seems he is just a bear in the evenings and of course it's right when I need to get dinner made and on the table. I don't want this to overshadow the good times we are having during the days.

So here's my first "Enjoying Today" post. I'm hoping to share my favorite parts of our summer with you one picture at a time.

5 comments:

Kim's Crafty Apple said...

WOW! That pool looks fantastic!

5:30 is not a good time around here for us either - I just think it's a bad time for kiddo's. Of course, swim lessons this summer are from 5:30 to 6:00 - the lessons go fine but complete meltdowns when we have to leave....super fun...

Gail said...

Great idea Kate! I'm looking forward to seeing you enjoy your summer! :)

CaSondra Shim said...

Aww- your boys! This is a great way to share with us YOU! Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

CLAREW said...

Enjoy it - it flies!!! Your pool / ball pit looks fun :) You can look at posting everyday as organizing your pics so you can delete pics on your camera for more :)

Geri said...

Katie, you really need to look into the Project Life project by Becky Higgins. There is a digital version that I think you'd love. Here's the website to read about it: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/projectlife/