Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 7: Music to my ears

Today Hutton is 1 week old.

To celebrate the occasion we are going home!!!!

This came as a total shock this morning. His bili counts finally dropped (they were just over 7) and the doctor consulted the nurse and asked if he was ready for discharge and she said, yes, yes he is.

We thought for sure he was going to have to be in the crib for at least 24 hours before discharge but they said no, he is eating so well, the jaundice is under control, and he passed his car seat test so they've given us the green light to take him home.

I can't tell you how excited we are. Thank you everyone for the support, thoughts and prayers over this week. It has meant so much to me to have you all following along and wishing us well.

I can't wait to show you pictures and give you updates from our living room!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Kate, that is the best news. I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

Kira said...

HURRAY!!!! What a great surprise! So happy that Keaton can finally meet his little brother and you can finally get back home. Can't wait to see pics of the boys together! Love you guys!

CLAREW said...

AWESOME!!!! We will besure to check for updates often!!!! Enjoy your first day home :)

samantha said...

AIEEE! Congrats!

The day we took Theo home was a total suprise too. They just sprung it on us :-)

Enjoy getting settled in!

Patten Family said...

So happy you get to go home. We look forward to watching him grow!

Jill said...

Yeah...that is the best news I've heard all day!! Congrats and enjoy your first night home together as a family!

TeamNee said...

Oh kate that's amazing news!!! I'm so happy for you and colin.

Aubrey said...

Oh Katie, that is such great news. I've been meaning to write but my prayer list seemed especially full and I'd been addressing the ones closer home. I have loved the daily updates and thought always of the 4 of you! Hope you have a restful first night home. Well, as restful as one can have w/ an 18 mth old and week old babies at home. ;)

Geri said...

Katie, I'm so glad to hear that you'll finally have the entire family at home. I knew as soon as I heard that Hutton was so big (Ben was barely 6.0 lbs. full term) even though he was so early he'd be a little fighter. I'm sure it's been a stressful week for you, but soon you won't remember your house without two little boys in it!!

Enjoy this time.

Amy Bomstad said...

Yay!!!

samuraistrong said...

Oh my goodness, goodness! I am so behind on my blog reading and there you go and have your baby! He's so cute - congratulations! So happy to hear that things are going well and that you're going home!!