Monday, June 28, 2010

A Sneak Peek

I hesitated posting a picture because with Hutton in the NICU he has wires running everywhere. Most are just monitors. He does have an oxygen tube in his nose and a tube running down his throat to clear his stomach and make sure he doesn't get too much oxygen. Oh, and an IV in his hand. Since I never had my Strep B test they are treating him with antibiotics to be safe. The big white splint on his left hand is to keep the IV in place.

When I first walked in and saw him in the incubator full of wires I wanted to cry but the more I'm with him the more comfortable I'm becoming. I got to hold him for another 45 min. or so tonight and he actually started rooting and then he just nuzzled in.

I can't wait to get the wires off to get a good look at him and I'm hoping tomorrow we'll get to hold him more. For now, I'm heading to bed - hopefully we'll have more pictures to share tomorrow.

Thank you, everyone, for all the good thoughts and prayers!

7 comments:

Em said...

Oh Mama, I'm sure it was hard to walk into the NICU and see your little baby with those wires. :( I must say, though, despite them, he looks so healthy! I'm so glad you posted this photo so that we can see him. And I'm so happy to hear that he was rooting and nuzzling after you held him tonight...that's great news! I can't wait to see more pictures. I just know this little one is a fighter and will be home in your arms very soon!

amanda said...

Thanks, mama...he's precious! I ditto what Em said...keep fighting Hutton! Lots of love and tons of prayers headed your way!

TeamNee said...

Keep staying strong Kate! He does look so healthy for being a little guy!

Jill said...

Ohh...he's SO sweet! You completely forget how tiny and precious they are! Thanks for posting! I'm so glad you got to hold him...that's got to make you feel so much better! I think he was just too excited to meet you guys and now he'll get a little stronger so he can come home and give Keaton a run for his money! :) He's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's just precious, Kate! I will pray that you are able to take him home with you very soon to cuddle every minute!!
Take care of all of you!
Love ya,
Michele

samantha said...

He's perfect!

Theo had all those tubes and wires--kind of a hastle but they are there to help him which is good!

SUCH A CUTiE!

Kristin C. said...

Oh Kate!
I've been out of touch at work and I just now saw that your sweet little man was born. Congratulations to you and Daddy Collin and Brother Pony Keg.

XOXO
Prayers for little Hutton.