Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pooper Scooper

Around mid-April my mom and I took a trip to the mall to pick up a few summer items I had on my list: new shoes for Keaton, maternity t-shirts for me, and a canopy for our wagon. The canopy was at Toys-R-Us and of course I could not walk in there pick up my item and walk out, oh, no, no, no, that would be like a crime of some sort. We browsed the attached Babies-R-Us first, picking up a few gifts and some summer clothes before heading over to the toys. We must have hit the jackpot in terms of timing because so many things were on their pre-summer sale. Since Keats was still just a baby last summer we really didn't have many outdoor toys for him so I picked up a few things: sandbox toys, bubble lawnmower, and a new baseball tee and bat set. I was so pumped to get home and show him his new toys. Toys for OUTSIDE!!
When we go out now we always haul a toy or two into the lawn with us. He plays with them for awhile but inevitably his interest drifts elsewhere and he is off to find his own "toys": lawn tools, the outdoor broom, or the pooper scooper.
But, how can I blame him?
Pooper scooping is serious business..
but...

it's also....
alot...
of fun.

I guess.
Or, well, at least it appears that way.

5 comments:

Gail said...

We bought one for the new puppy and Jacob won't leave. that. dang. thing. alone! I keep telling him "It's for POOP!". Somehow, that seems to make it more desireable...boys will be boys! :)

Aubrey said...

oh gosh, isn't that the cutest thing ever?? We use a garden spade and sand bucket. Darrell wants a real scooper. Maybe I'll show him the fun.

CaSondra Shim said...

Oh - he is such a ham! Love it- they play with the craziest things and enjoy it!

Katharine said...

I was completely unprepared for this post when it loaded and therefore almost DIED from the CUTE. Oh, that first picture! Hee!

Em said...

Ahhh...look at that face! I just want to squeeze him. Too funny. :)