Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Little Glow Worm



Hutton came off the oxygen yesterday and is doing great! In the afternoon they also started him on his bili blanket and now he is a little glow worm. We started breast feedings yesterday afternoon and the first two feedings he took one side and then got pooped out but the next two he took both sides like a champ. He was very alert yesterday afternoon so Grammy and Busha got to see his eyes; most of the time thought he just hangs out in is isolette and snoozes. It actually looks kinda divine...the snoozing.
I fed him at 9 pm last night and then skipped the midnight feeding so I could get some sleep. I hit the bed a little after 10, woke up once around 1 am to roll over and then didn't open my eyes until 3 am when I needed to be back upstairs. Sleep. It was awesome!
I will be discharged this afternoon. Collin is going to go into work and I'll be setting up camp in Hutt's room until he is able to go home. Plans are day-by-day at this point. Hutt will have his last dose of antibiotics tonight and then if his bili counts stay down he might be able to leave by the end of the week.
I'll probably post more this afternoon.

7 comments:

Kristin C. said...

Look at him! What a sweet boy! Each day that passes and each tube/wire that is removed is one step closer to home. He'll get there real soon, happy & healthy. Just be easy on your yourself when you are discharged. When Elkey was in the NICU for a couple of days when and I was d/c'd home I felt so anxious and I just wanted to be with her....but I let myself get rest so that when I was with her I was refreshed and full of energy to care for her. Sending love for your little glow worm. Did they put those funny little sun glasses on him? I LMAO when I saw Elkey under thlights "sunbathing" with her glasses on. I wish I had a pic of that!

TeamNee said...

He looks adorable! I really hope that he gets to come home this week!

Em said...

He is so, so precious! His pacifier really shows scale on how little he is. I so wish I could be there to meet Hutton! So glad you got some sleep. Hope you can rest up a little more so you'll be refreshed, as Kristin mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Awww- so adorable. Yes a little glow worm. So glad he is doing so well! Yes- get some sleep while you can! Praying for you all! CAS

Gail said...

I was hoping for something original to say here but Kristen said it so well - and Ember covered anything she missed! :)

I'm simply sending love and prayers to all 4 of you! :)

Jill said...

How about that...2 days old and probably a nickname he'll have for life! Too precious! And divine...yes, that little man looks like he's totally lovin' the warmth and coziness of the isolette. He looks so peaceful! So glad to hear that things are going so well and that you'll both be able to go home soon! Love and hugs to you all!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad that I got to meet Hutton and spend some time visiting you :). Hang in there and remember Keaton won't remember this time with you away and Busha is taking good care of him. Make sure you get some rest and I will be praying that Hutton comes home soon :)