Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter 2010: Mr. Bunny

It was a few days before Easter 2009 when Collin got the call telling him that Keaton had just won a drawing at a local gas station. It was a drawing that Papa & Busha had entered him into and when Collin called to give me the news our minds started racing as to what the prize might be. The possibilities were endless. A free pizza? A hotel stay somewhere? $5,000 cash????!!! We were like little kids on Christmas, full of anticipation.

When I got home that night I was pacing, waiting for Collin to walk in the door, waiting for the surprise to be revealed. When the door finally opened surprised I was.

Keaton's prize??

A 42-inch stuffed white bunny. 54 inches if you include the ears.

We looked at each other and at that moment had the exact same thought. OMG what are we going to do with this thing?

He was quickly dubbed Mr. Bunny and took residence on Keaton's nursery floor. We made jokes about Mr. Bunny and laughed at how huge he was. But you know what? By the time summer rolled around and we figured it was time to put him away for the year we had all grown a little attached. Mr. Bunny was kinda like family.

I never thought I'd say this but when it was time to pull him back out this year, I realized I had kinda missed those big black eyes and floppy ears. And Keaton was thrilled to see him. Mr. Bunny is again sitting on the nursery floor and Keaton frequently runs at full force screaming ahhhhh! before tackling him. I think we'll all be a little sad to see him be packed up again this year.

After Keaton received his prize last year Busha took a picture of the two of them together and sent it home with Keats one evening. That picture hung on our fridge for quite some time last year and when we pulled Mr. Bunny out a few weeks ago, we knew we needed an update.
Mr. Bunny 2009

Mr. Bunny 2010

Look how big my little boy has gotten!! Ahhh! There are lots more Mr. Bunny photos (as well as some other Easter pictures) on Flickr because I couldn't decide, I love them all!

*****

This concludes my Easter 2010 posts. Hope you all had a lovely holiday.

6 comments:

Gail said...

makes you all teary eyed, doesn't it!?! How they can grow so fast but it really hasn't been that long yet it seems like forever ago? :)

Jill said...

Too cute!! And I can't believe how much he looks like you in the Mr. Bunny 2010 picture!! Thanks for sharing!

Em said...

Wow, what a difference a year makes! I love that he screams, runs, and tackles Mr. Bunny...hilarious!

Andrew Ryne said...

OMG! I love this pic that looks like hes dancing with him! What a fun tradition :)

amanda said...

Getting.too.big! Put a brick on him, will ya? And I love the bunny tradition!

CaSondra Shim said...

This made me laugh so hard that you guys have this big bunny- go figure it is what you "won" but looks like Keats likes it! I had a huge lion in my nursery when I was small. Yes- I agree with Amanda- he can't keep growing- I am missing all of this- he is a little boy now- no more baby!