Thursday, April 22, 2010

A boy and his dog


We were sitting in the living room and from the kitchen we could hear the chomp chomp chomp of Maia eating her dog kibble. Simultaneously though there was another sound coming from the same direction...

Splash.

Splash splash.

Splash splash splash.

It took us a second to figure out what it was but as soon as Collin did he jumped up and made his way to the kitchen (via the entryway). On his way there he bellowed:

Bruske! Get out of that water bowl!


Instantly the splashing stopped and before Collin even made it in there we heard the little pitter patter of feet cruising back to the living room (via the dining room).

He came in with the most innocent look on his face, like "hi guys, I'm just in here reading books."

I almost bought it, but the soaking wet pajama sleeves totally blew his cover.

5 comments:

samantha said...

I love how they think sound doesn't travel.

Advantage: Parents!

amanda said...

Sweet little boy...and my favorite dog! He cracks me up! I can't believe how big he's getting!

Amy Bomstad said...

Oh that is soo sweet! Gosh, Keaton is getting so big...her looks like he has really grown length-wise!

CaSondra Shim said...

Hilarious!!! Boys will be boys! Did he get his African drum in the mail for Easter? I forgot to ask?

Kate said...

Man, I suck at responding to blog comments (and emails and voicemails, etc, etc.)

@Amy He has grown! The other day I was on the phone in the living room and he was playing in the dining room and next thing I know he toddles in with a pair of scissors that he got off the dining room table. I didn't know he could reach the top of the dining room table!

@CaS He LOVES his drum and carries it all around the house (your thank you is en route, I'm also bad at writing thank yous!).