Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Poem from the Baby

I wrote this during one of my first-trimester-sleepless-nights and we sent it to our moms following our last OB appointment.

*****
Dear Busha/Grammy,

They won’t find out
if I’m a girl or a boy
because either way
I’ll be a great joy.

I can suck my thumb
and wiggle my toes;
someday I’ll play with trucks
or wear pink bows.

They say its 4 months
before I’ll be here;
I can’t wait for the kisses
and snuggles so dear.

To bide the time
until I’m home to stay,
would you like to come see me
on my ultrasound day??

10:45 a.m.
Wednesday, March 31st
Wausau

Love,
Baby Kono II
*****
Our ultrasound is tomorrow and you could say I'm just a wee bit excited about seeing this baby again.

4 comments:

samantha said...

AIEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Bomstad said...

How nice! I bet they just love that poem!

Can't wait to hear about the u/s!!

Em said...

Thinking about you today, hon! Can't wait to hear more about the u/s. :)

CaSondra Shim said...

OHHHHHHHHH my this is so beautiful it made me cry!!! I can just imagine how joyful it was for the moms to be there with you today. YOU gave them a great GIFT today that is priceless!!! WOW!!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! Is all I can say - this is so tender and meaningful! I love you and I can't wait to meet baby Kono II! We do pray every night for the baby!