Instead of a day full of rest, relaxation, and regrouping, I've spent the day digging bark out of the baby's mouth, cleaning up the 3rd spilled bowl of dog water this week, and cleaning thrown yogurt, milk, and apple juice off the floor. Don't get me wrong, I love my son with all my heart, but it has been over 11 months since I've had more than a couple of hours to myself. This is was supposed to be my day. Now, the day hasn't been all bad, there has also been lots of dancing to Christmas music, watching the first snowfall through the patio doors, and plenty of Eskimo kisses. But still. My day.
I was planning on posting some pictures this afternoon while the baby napped, but instead I thought my soul might need a little reminder of all the good things to come in the next few months. The things I'd like to do this winter.....
- Go snowshoeing.
- Take Keaton to see Santa.
- Pull Keaton around in a sled, in the snow.
- Spend an afternoon (or at least a few hours) reading a book in front of the fire.
- Make chicken or turkey noodle soup from scratch.
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Start/continue some traditions for St. Nicks Day, St. Lucia Day, and Valentine's Day.
- Drink hot chocolate with marshmallows on top.
What is on your Soul in the Season list for this winter?