As I'm sure you have noticed, I haven't been watching Season 6 (it's six, right?) of SYTYCD. The 7-9 pm time frame is spent playing with Keaton and then getting him ready and into bed. To be honest with you, I'm not really watching any shows right now; not Grey's, not Private Practice, not Brothers and Sisters. I'll watch shows sporadically, but nothing routinely. And unfortunately SYTYCD has also fallen off my radar.
Tonight though, I got home from Tai Chi^ at 7 pm and because Collin had had a rough day at work he chose to get dinner put together while I watched Keaton because, honestly, preparing dinner is more relaxing than playing with an active baby/on his way to toddler. So, while we were playing I turned the station to Fox and guess what!!?? I caught an episode of SYTYCD. In good 'ol fashion SYTYCD style, I had to take notes, and of course, I HAVE to share them with you!
So, here were my thoughts from tonight. Remember, this is the first and only time I've seen a show this season (I didn't even catch Vegas week) so I'd love to hear what you are all thinking.
* C1: Ashleigh/Jakob - I love Napoleon/Tabitha routines, love them! And this one did not disappoint.
* C2: Karen/Kevin (Broadway routine) - All I could think the whole time I was watching this was, oh, my, what a train wreck!
* C3: Noelle/Russell (Fox Trot) - I was preparing my plate at the time and completely missed this routine. The crowd was cheering though, so it sounded like it was good?
* C4: Channing/Victor (Tyce Diorio routine) - Liked the dance; liked the couple.
* C5: Kathryn/Legacy (Paso doble) - The music was so powerful that at each hard beat I kept wanting to shout More! More! But I never really felt like I got more from them, so I was left rather disappointed. But the judges loved this, so apparently I know nothing about a paso doble.
* C6: Elenore/Ryan (Travis Wall routine) - I loved this dance and I loved this couple!
*C7: Mollee/Nathan - I missed what "type" of routine this was, hip hop?? Not positive but I liked it. Oddly though I found my eyes kept diverting to Nathan. This doesn't usually happen for me; I usually end up liking the girl better than the guy. But this time I kept watching him, and I really, really liked him. Also, Mollee is super cute!
* My favorite girl tonight was Elenore.
* My favorite guy was Nathan.
* My top three (if I had voted, I didn't because I don't know how to use my phone now that I have a full keyboard and OMG, what number is T???) were C4, C6, and C7.
So, am I totally off? Who have you guys liked/disliked. And is it just me or is this season already better than last season?
^In unrelated news, except that I mentioned it above, I took a Tai Chi class tonight and OMG you guys, I LOVED it!! I feel so awesome right now; like happiness is oozing from my pores. I'm hoping to make this a regular thing. A regular thing that I'm going to totally look forward to each week!