Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Fun - Part 2: Caramel Apples

Since we were in Illinois over the weekend we celebrated Halloween a couple of days early up here with Papa, Busha, and Auntie Bea. For Keaton's 1st Halloween Busha started a new family tradition.


Do you know what it was?

How 'bout now?

Oh wait, my title totally gave it away....

Oh well. That's right! Caramel apples!

I have never made caramel apples and not only was it super easy, it was alot of fun. Plus, I'm a total sucker for family traditions, especially for starting new ones, so I was totally pumped about this project. Great idea, Busha!
Although Keaton wasn't able to enjoy the caramel this year, he also gives this tradition a big two thumbs up!
I love apples! nom, nom, nom.

But apple eating is alot of work. I must rest for a sec to build up my energy.

Alright, I'm ready, let's eat!

He repeated this over, and over, and over: chomping on his apple, throwing his body back onto Auntie Bea's shoulder for a rest and then whipping himself back up for another bite.
After apples we all sat down for a delicious meal of roasted chicken, potatoes, and carrots followed by the tastiest brownies ever. Mmmmm....perfect fall evening.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Caramel apples are soooo yummy! But as I age, I get lazier...I now just slice the apples and dip the slices in caramel ;)! Keaton sure likes digging right into apples, doesn't he? Too funny!

Amy Bomstad said...

How fun Kate! I love that you are into creating new and fun traditions for your family. I think that is so important. He will carry those with him for the rest of his life.

Those caramel apples are making my mouth water. I LOVE caramel apples. I think we may make some this weekend if my little bugger is feeling better.