Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Surprise for Mama

Each morning we pack Keaton's bag for his day at Busha's: change of clothes, sweatshirt for walks, hat, bottles, breakfast/lunch, bibs, burb clothes, and planner. I write in the planner what time Keat ate that morning and throughout the day Busha writes down when he ate, napped, and any special things they did. We started it for practical reasons when I first went back to work so we could gauge whether or not Keaton was following a schedule. We keep it up because I love digging in his bag at the end of the day to see what he did while I was at work. Last Thursday I opened his planner and found these. It was such a nice surprise at the end of the day. Thank you Busha!


7 comments:

Em said...

I love the planner idea...very cool. Also - how nice of Busha to leave you that surprise. :)

Amy Bomstad said...

Aww! You can tell that he is very loved and taken well care of when you are gone. Is Keaton standing on his own now? Is he taking steps? I do the planner still with Cayle also.

Gail said...

I find those after J spends time with Grandma FIF too. She tucks them away in his bag - sometimes they're from the last time he was there. I like to see that he's having a good time when he's with them.

amanda said...

Cute pictures! I love the planner idea. Shannon has always gotten these sheets at the end of the day when she picked up the kids, but a planner is way more practical. Plus, you can keep them forever without much hassle! Looks like Busha keeps Keaton busy!!! Happy Keatsday!

Kate said...

Nice!
I lived for the daily reports when A was in daycare. We thought about asking his grandmother (who takes care of him now) to do the same but felt a bit sheepish about it. But maybe we should!

Aubrey said...

Too cute. We did something like that for a while w/ Arlington, but never kept it up w/ Mags or Gabe, I guess I didn't really leave them though. LOL! I love those pictures. I can understand why they would have made you happy. I can't get over how big he's getting. It's just crazy!

Kate said...

@Amy Yes, Stink is climbing and pulling himself up on everything these days. As soon as he hits the floor he starts scanning the room for his next obstacle. I think he might have taken a few steps behind this push toy thing, but otherwise no, more standing than walking.